RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Helimax (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/helimax-462/)
-   -   Axe CP 3-in-1 board (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/helimax-462/7306798-axe-cp-3-1-board.html)

9hamflyer 03-30-2008 03:44 PM

Axe CP 3-in-1 board

I was testing my heli after repair this morning and everything seemed to be going normal. Later, I connected the battery again and SPARK, POP, POOF goes the receiver. No idea what happened. I replaced the receiver ($30!) and now am not getting any power indicated on the 3-in-1 board. When I plug in the battery, it initializes the main and tail rotors, then nothing. There is no response from the receiver. I sure hope the 3-in-1 card isn't toast. If I have to replace that after only 2 months, I will be looking at other manufacturers!
I sent them an email. Hopefully I will be able to get some kind of resolution from them.

planepounder 04-01-2008 07:05 AM

RE: Axe CP 3-in-1 board

If your servos are working, you probably smoked the mixer board.

planebuilder66 04-01-2008 07:20 AM

Same thing happened to my buddy's axe, yes the 3-1 is toast. I got him a new one but it still glitches and runs erratic, so I got him a "seperates" package. Basically, I had a good gyro laying around with a 5 amp esc, that will control the tail motor, I then bought a 25 amp esc for the main motor. All the mixer /3-1 board does or has is two esc's and a built in gyro, so anyone can put together a seperate operating system. Main motor will draw aprox. 15 amps,get a esc for that (25 is overkill, but will suit future helis), the tail motor draws about 1-2 amps, I just used the 5 amp esc laying around. The gyro supplies the signal to make the tail motor run. You could actually get a seperate package that will be the same cost as the mixer board but at least you won't fry it. And BTW, go to helimax.com and read the section on how to do the gyro on the tail, you need to disable the positive feed on the servo plug connector going to the gyro from the tail motor esc, you don't want to back feed power into the gyro.

planepounder 04-01-2008 07:27 AM

Guys you know I like my AXE CP (especially since it was free!) and I have a spare 401 laying around, but I just cant bring myself to do it! I have an Esky rate gyro from a Belt maybe I will try that.

9hamflyer 06-24-2008 07:59 PM

I have had the exact thing happen! Kinda disgusting. I hate to replace yet another part, but I want to get it in the air (notice I didn't say BACK in the air!)! I am still in training mode. I have replaced the main blades a few times and the flybar and paddles once. After I got up the gall to take it in the air a bit, I wound up having to replace the main blades, flybar, seesaw, blade grips AND main gear! After all that, I got it back together, ran it a few times, then poof! There went the spark.
Now I am struggling with whether or not I want to replace the 3 in 1 board after everything else.
If I do, I think I am going to take it to a local hobby shop and see if they can't "tweak" it for me. I want to make sure everything is set the way it's supposed to be before I crash it again.
Back to the SIM !

Kevin

Wierdone 07-03-2008 11:24 AM

Ok... Here goes my horror story fer ya....

I have and Eflite CX2 that I learned the basics on and that poor thing has been through the mill and back and is still fying, My young, beautiful wife had pity on my hang-dog look that I have perfected over the years (Or that looks so stupid and she gives in so she can quit laughing) and bought me a CP Heli.... a Helimax Axe CP-L... my dream machine for my level... or so I thought. After having the first one a week, buying 2 more sets of blades, 2 tail fins and crashing the poor heli backwards twice (don't ask... please!!!:) I finally blew the board to kingdom come. I was going to replace the board and "fix up" a few other things but my bud at the hobby shop told me it would be cheaper to buy a new heli, so I bought a new Axe CP-L... I had learned how to keep from crashing so much by this time and only had one hard landing with this one. I still clipped the blade tips from time to time but I only had the thing 3 days when the board blew after an uneventful flight. The heli went back to the hobby shop and from there to the manufacturer to find out why the boards keep blowing. Hopefully, I should get a new Heli out of deal but I am not holding my breath. One thing is certain.... if I have to buy a new Heli it WILL NOT be a Helimax. Good luck to you and I wish you well.

"Fixed wings fly though the air.... Heli's beat the air into submission!"
Weirdone

PS I wish I'd read the boards and seen that excellent writeup on how to set up your own control system before I sent my other one in. Ah well:)