Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Shuttle Z Troubleshooting

Good Afternoon everyone,

Let me begin by stating i have searched my heart out for an answer before posting. I hope I do not repeat a post as I have seen it is looked down upon by the veteran members. I have a Hirobo Shuttle Z...obviously. I am not a rookie pilot, but I'm not fully experienced yet either. It starts and run fine. The concern I am having is that the heli spins left. Nose left tailright. I have tried fullright trim, I have even loosen the tail rotor and moved it so the pitch was max right turn, meaning it could mechanically go no further even with the radio command. It was forced right. The heli still spins left.... . I know about ground wash and just the fact the heli spinsbecause of p-factor. This isnt it. I have a mechanical gyro installed. Ihave tried with the gyro turned on and off. No change. I haveordered a HK401B to replace it but I seriously dont think the gyro is involved. What am I missing. I cant even hover with the heli spinning leftasfast as the rotors. I have attempted some pics that are on photobucket and IMG link them here...hope they work. Thank you for any replies.

Gyro

Full right trim

Force rotor to push right no matter what.

Thank you!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Shuttle Z Troubleshooting

Hard to tell by looking at the photo of the tail what way the blades are pitched.

First a few qualifying questions:

Did you fly this helicopter without this problem and then suddenly this left spin began to happen?

Have you tested your gyro with the radio on but the helicopter not running (move the nose left, gyro moves tail input for right correction?

Is your gyro reversed?  Is your tail servo reversed?  Is your tail servo stripped? (test by holding some counter pressure on the control arm while moving the servo to full left and right)

Is the belt driving the tail in good working order?  Is it slipping under load?

This is a very odd thing to happen – especially since you said you locked the tail rotor in a position that should cause the helicopter to spin right and it still goes left.  Are you sure the tail is spinning the correct direction?  The belt can be installed in such a way that the tail spins clockwise or by giving it a twist and replacing it on the pulley, the rotor will spin counter-clockwise.

Good luck and when you find the problem please post it so we all can know the answer. 

If it\'\'s not broken, Fix it til it is!

Murphy\'\'s Law: If it can go wrong, it will

www.CoroPlanes.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Have you tried to reverse your gyro
    I had similar problem and that cured mine from fast rotations
    then I put a gy401 futaba gyro on and the tail is rock solid now

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looks like you need to reverse your servo. In your picture, the tail rotor blades appear to be pitched for left yaw. I believe they should be the opposite.

-Kaos
    T-Rex 450 Pro DFC, iKON, Castle Phoenix 50A ESC, Hitec Aurora 9
    T-Rex 550e DFC, iKON, Castle Talon 90A ESC, Hitec Aurora 9

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello Everyone! Sorry for the delayed response,work, kids, work,we all know. Soo, I failed to state I got this heli free. Yep it was given to me. So after I posted, I reset the radio... yep. Dont know what was in it but it didnt like it. Soo knowI have a fixable concern. The famous gyro spin. Before I went any further I took it to a local flying field and had the guys look it. I joined the AMA and their cub as well. The fixed it right up. Well...it is a Shuttle with a mechanical gyro and s5101 servos. They did their best. =]. Thanks for the replies.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Glad your local club could help you. What was wrong with your Shuttle? I own a Shuttle ZX, which is basically the same thing, and I can see that your tail rotor linkage was way off. Did your club members show/teach you what was wrong with your helicopter?

-Kaos

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

They didnt sit down and show me. They did it in a way of....fixing it but did not leave me behind. If I had to do it again, I could up to the pitch curve, throttle curve part in the new radio. The problem with the heli....pretty much everything. It looks to never have flown in that state, and would have never have floe if I tried. It was pretty much a complete setup fromt the beginning. If it could be adjusted or reversed ...it was.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, bummer they didn't fully explain what was wrong with your Shuttle. You do need to learn this stuff and mentoring at your local RC field is a good place to gather valuable information. If I were you, next time out there I would ask what was done to your helicopter to make it work.