Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Hirobo Support Forum
Reload this Page >

Help with Heli Value

Community
Search
Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

Help with Heli Value

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 02:14 PM
tanksboard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Heli Value

I am very new to the RC heli world and I am not ver familier with prices.

I have a guy offering a

Hirobo Shuttle RG "I think made in 1998"
Futaba TX6A Radio
Includes some replacement parts, starter, and tools
It has a bent rear "boom" I think its called, but he has a new replacement.
Includes the large ping pong sticks for begineers

He says it is ready to fly. Only thing needed is a glow plug warmer.

What would that package be worth? I'm so new to the RC world, that I don't have a clue.

He is asking $320. Please let me know what you think. I really appeciate the help.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:49 PM
sfell

Default RE: Help with Heli Value

Hello Tanksboard,

You pose an interesting question. It's hard to say if that's a good deal or not without knowing more about the condition of the heli and the components included (engine, servos, gyro, blades). The bent boom could indicate a major crash or minor hangar incident. A major crash could mean there is a lot of other stuff wrong with the Heli, or it might be fine. If you haven't done so already, my advice would be to contact your local RC club and seek our an experienced heli mentor to help you get started.

If you have RC flying experience a used heli may be a great way to start. If you don't have RC flying experience, I'd recommend a very different starting path.

my two cents :-)

"The secret to flying is to fly in the middle of the air. Stay away from the edges. You will be able to identify the edges by the presence of trees, grass, dirt and other disturbingly solid objects." - someone wise
Old 02-05-2012, 05:34 AM
tanksboard

Everything else on the heli is supposedly fine. I am new to the heli world.

2 questions? 

If the chopper was in good condition where would the 320 price rank for you?

What path would you suggest for a newbie? I am past the little ones that you fly around in your bedroom. 
Old 02-05-2012, 06:42 AM
twoslick2

I don't think coming in to helis with a 10 yr old heli is a good idea. You have to really search for parts for something that old. Plus , since it already has some damage is going to set you back even further. If you had lots of experience and wanted to fix a older heli I think it would be different. jmo
Old 02-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Tman49
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Tanksboard

I started flying helis about 6 months ago. I started w/co-axials, then the sim, then fixed pitch, and now am trying to get the cp helis under control. Understand the learning curve of the different types of helis. Get a sim, and USE it. It will SAVE you $$! I also got a vintage Hirobo Shuttle early on by way of a trade. I understand parts aren't plentiful for it and I have only started the engine to date. When I stop crashing my 400 size cp I'll fly it.

If I were you I'd consider parts availibility in your purchase, and factor extra parts into your budget. I've discovered my expenses are proportional to my crashes. That's my opinion.

Tman