Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

Sceady EVO .50 parts

Old 05-29-2007, 12:12 PM
buzzlightyear

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Sceady EVO .50 parts

Hi,
I have a Sceadu EVO .50 and I need some spare parts (yes I crashed it! [:@]) I need the main blades and some links. can you give me some good web site where I can bought the parts I need?

By the way, when I'll change the blades I guess I'll have to do some adjustment.... Can someone tell me how to do that?

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-29-2007, 02:45 PM
mrc-hirobo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Sceady EVO .50 parts

Hi Buzz,

Check with your local Hirobo distributor in your country. There are plenty of websites to get parts from. We can only recommend USA based shops.

You will want to make sure that all levers are level at mid stick and adjust the mixing arm and stablizer control arm rods accordingly if need be. Final adjustments are made up top on the pitch adjustment rods.

Jeff
Old 05-29-2007, 05:51 PM
GENESIS

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Buzz

Mark at Udisco has all of them. You must know he imports them for Canada.

I also have an EVO. I'm from Longeuil: Where are you from??

Oh Jeff: I've had all of them but for some reason I don't understand, I always get more from my Hirobo's...I think I am a good critic: I make R/C models for a living!

Dany
www.genesis-rc.com
Old 05-30-2007, 08:12 AM
buzzlightyear

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Genesis: I'm from St-Basile-Le-Grand, not to far from longueuil! where do you order your parts when you need them? are you member of a club? I'm at Brossair.

mrc-hirobo: I have seen some website, but I didn't found any that was "user friendly", I found it hard to find the part I need. I can find alot of parts number but often there is no image to see what it is. I'd like to know a web site that is easy to find and order what I need! Canada or U.S I don't mind at all.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:00 AM
mrc-hirobo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Like Dany says, check with Mark at Udisco first.

What part are you looking for? Description is fine, I can give you the number.

I think all the websites have their hangups, I do not know of one perfect one. Rick's, Heliproz, and MTA are all pretty good in the US. We are building ours with pictures for reference. You can check there as well. But do support your local distributor. Check with Udisco to order parts in your neck of the woods.

jeff
Old 05-30-2007, 06:47 PM
buzzlightyear

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The part I need now is the main blades (wood or carbon) probably wood would be better for the beginner that I am. (It'll be less expensive if I crashe it again). I finally found and order the links I needed (0304062) on the site, but it was time consuming.

When I said it was not user friendly, here's an example, when I go on the MRC web page, I can find a sceadu EVO option sheet (pdf format), I see the main blades I could get, with this part number 0403-315 or 0403-314. When I do a search on the site to have the price, it doesn't found that part number (with or witout the dash sign). But still couldn't found the main blades that would be best to suit my needs...

P.S. what is the difference between symmetrical main blades or ordinary one?

Thanks alot for your time. I appreciate that you want to help me.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:52 PM
CollectivelySpaced
My Feedback: (18)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'll answer the blade difference question real quick.

Quoted from here:
[link]http://avia.russian.ee/theory/index.html[/link]

(Referring to rotor blades)
"One type has exactly the same amount of curvature on the bottom as on the top: this is often referred to as a "symmetrical" airfoil. Many helicopter rotor blades have this shape — a stretched-out teardrop curve from the leading edge to the trailing edge that is exactly the same on both the top and the bottom. In comparison with the more conventionally shaped airfoils the symmetrical airfoil offers several advantages, particularly for the rotor blades of a helicopter. One of the most important of these is a highly desirable aerodynamic characteristic: very little center-of-pressure change under different angles of attack (the center of pressure is generally considered to be the center of the lift force acting on the wing). (With conventional airfoils that have a full curve only on top, as the angle of attack is increased the center of pressure moves forward considerably, and this complicates the problem of stabilizing and controlling the lifting surface.) Other desirable features of a rotor blade designed with a symmetrical airfoil are structural rather than aerodynamic. For one thing they are generally easier to manufacture, since the top and bottom skins are identical and other parts may be as well."
Old 05-31-2007, 01:58 PM
mrc-hirobo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

First, Hirobo really does not recommend wood blades for use on a 50. The power generated can cause a blade failure. Even TT makes mention of this. Also for just a few dollars more you can get Fiberglass main blades, like the Mavericks, that work just as good and are a lot stronger than wood.

The 0304062 links are for the Letpon. I think you are looking for the 2524014 links used on the Evo 50.

On our site we have limited amounts of the 0403-314 main blades, we have them but they are not cheap. On our site, the "-" is not used in the search engine. As a substitute you can get the MAH600G2 main blades. These are 95.00. But for even more economy, look at the Maverick line of blades from Heliproz as an example. Century may even have some as well.

No woodies from us. Sorry.

jeff
Old 05-31-2007, 08:42 PM
buzzlightyear

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

CollectivelySpaced : thanks for the course on the blade, it's very instructive and interesting!

mrc-hirobo : I think I will follow your advice then. I won't go for the "woodies"! Thank you very much for your time and suggestion. It was exactly what I wanted to know.

Pierre

Old 06-04-2007, 02:29 PM
mrc-hirobo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You are welcome. Glad to help.

Good Luck.