Community
Search
Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

Shuttle Z-TS

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 10:08 PM
ByronF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shuttle Z-TS

Just getting back into r/c after about 7 years away and decided to build an older Shuttle Z-TS that has been sitting in the box for that long.
Assembly went fairly smooth and the radio is now installed and setup per the manual but the heli is tail heavy. Without the canopy it sits back on its skids and the front of the skids are off the table. I have added 3 oz of lead weight under the radio tray and it juuuuusssssttt about sits level. But even with the weight and the canopy on when I hold the heli by the head is still has a slight rear tilt. Is this normal or do I need to add more weight? Not really keen on adding more dead weight if I don't have to.
Any advice would be greatly apprediated.
Byron
Old 07-20-2007, 10:34 PM
Free Bird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Shuttle Z-TS

What size battery are you using? If it's 1000mAh, use a larger battery. Something like a 2000mAh or a 2500mAh will add nose weight and increase flight time.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:40 AM
mrc-hirobo

Reversing the skids to point backwards helps the stance.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:48 PM
ByronF

Thank you Free Bird and mrc-hirobo for your ideas. I really don't want to reverse the skids and ruin the look of the heli.
But the added battery weight is not a bad idea. I have an old dead 600 pack that I can wrap in foam and stick in the radio tray
and that seems to help. I know I didn't want to add more dead weight but a new battery pack was out of the equation as I have already
blown my toy budget for the year.