Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Vintage Hirobo Jet Ranger (Supertiger .61)

Hi,
    New here, kinda came across the place by accident (not all accidents are bad . It's all looking pretty good, just hope I'll soon find time to take it all in.
    The reason I've been scouring the net is that I have a vintage Hirobo Bell-206 Jet Ranger (Supertiger .61 engine) and I'm pretty keen to find out if it's of any interest. I have to admit I bought it 2nd hand about 20 years ago and stuck it on the wall...looks great but I've never had the time (for 'time' read 'nerve' lol) to attempt to fly it. Everyone comments on it but it's gotta go as we're moving to a smaller place. It may well end up on eBay but I thought I'd see what you guys thought first.

Any ideas?

Seags

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Vintage Hirobo Jet Ranger (Supertiger .61)

If you are offering it forsale please make an ad in the RCU marketplace.

If you're asking what its worth, its all in what someone will pay for it and the best place to find out that is to run it on ebay with what you consider a reasonable reserve or no reserve and let the market dictate the value.

It might be of some value to a collector, certainly I'd be interested if it wern't for the overseas issue but value depends on condition and demand.

A new in box Kavan Jet Ranger (probably a fair comparison) w/o an engine might go for anywhere between 300 and 1200 on Ebay, a built and flyable or restorable one, anywhere from 100 to 500 or so again, depending on condition and finding the right person looking when you are selling.
    Andy - Helicopter Forum Moderator
    AMA 77227 Leader Member- Contest Director
    www.JaxRC.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Many thanks for that It's a strange thing, isn't it...the whole 'as new in box' thing. I understand the appeal in that I'd love to come across an as-new example of many vintage kits but I can't understand how people can have an un-built kit within ten metres and not start building it like, now, lol. Gladly not everyone's like me so the chances of finding all the 1/6 scale Tamiya Harleys, a Sand Scorcher or another Toyota 4X4 I'm after are pretty good at the moment. Just as a matter of interest I sell totally re-worked vintage Corgi/Dinky/Budgie TV-related box artwork on eBay and find people's responses to all this stuff intriguing. As originals are rare and stupidly expensive there's a market for reproduction but some guys want repro tatty (the aged look) and some, thankfully, want 'as new'.

Anyway, here are a few pics of the Hirobo...quite an unusual paint scheme...I rather like it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sp45361.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	482.8 KB 
ID:	847163  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi.....Have you sold this heli yet? Am quite interested.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah sorry, went on eBay some time back.