Community
Search
Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

Scweizer 300

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 04:39 PM
frank J
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scweizer 300

Gentlemen,

I am assembling a new Schweizer 300 kit. I noticed that the back of the newer FRP canopy tends to cover the start shaft area. I don't know if it will be easily accessible. Any ideas? Also, how do you recommend drilling those small holes for the door hinges? Ican't see any way to get a drilling tool in that small area. Lastly, my tailboom was defective. I found a way to make it work, but you were out of stock on them. Any idea of when they'll be back in along with the .46 motor mount blocks? Thank you.

Steve Z
Old 09-29-2008, 08:33 PM
frank J
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Scweizer 300

Hello, it's been 10 days. Any answers Hirobo host?

Steve
Old 09-30-2008, 08:31 AM
mrc-hirobo

Default RE: Scweizer 300

1. You may have to notch this portion of the cabin for clearance for the starter shaft. Use a Dremel with a sanding drum to do so. If the cabin completely covers the start shaft adapter, you can drill a 8mm hole for access. On page 41 of the manual (copyright 2005 on front bottom right of manual), there is no indication that the new cabin requires this. Just proceed carefully.

2. To drill the 2mm holes use a pin vise with 2mm bit commonly found at most quality hobby shops or home improvement centers.

3. If the tail boom is defective, please send it back to us with a description of the defect and your shipping information and we will get you a replacement. 0402404 Tail Boom Pipe L=564 is in stock $14.80 MSRP

4. We have stock of the 0402378 S-30 Engine Mount (for .46 class), MSRP $23.50 or order through your favorite hobby shop.