Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Hirobo Support Forum
Reload this Page >

Alternative Repair parts for Shuttle ZX?

Community
Search
Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

Alternative Repair parts for Shuttle ZX?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 07:58 PM
dreimer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alternative Repair parts for Shuttle ZX?

I have a really old SHuttle ZX belt start, and it is in need of repair.

Instead of trying to search around for the original parts, I thought I would see about alternatives...

The tail boom can be replaced by the Trex 600n, and I would think that you could find other parts too...

Any suggestions? I just want to get this thing back to working order.

It has the following:

Enya SS 35 TN motor
JR NEJ-120 S Gyro (Reallllly Old)
JR XF622 Radio/TX/RX

I know this is a really old set-up, but it flys. I'd like to get it back to that condition as cheaply and as locally as possible.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:00 PM
nitrohog

Default RE: Alternative Repair parts for Shuttle ZX?

Amazingly enough, you can still get all the parts you need. The place I usually get them at is heliproz.com. I rebuilt mine a couple of times this year. Other than that any 550MM rotors will fit it and you can use ShuttleRG fins for it as well.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:12 AM
dreimer

nitrohog,

I was looking for a more readily available replacement. My LHS could order them, but I can't see them carrying the stock replacements ay time soon.

I was also thinking of impriving the head/tail movements too...the Trex 600 size should do, but I haven't looked at the details. The belt driven tail should be a good replacement too.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:25 PM
glydrjocky

Honestly, a call to Heliproz, Helihobby, or Zooms will have shiny new Shuttle parts on your door step before you could find them at the local hobby shop.

I've replaced the gyro with a JR 410 tail lock and the tail servo with a JR810G which is a fantastic combo. Got the gyro off ebay for about $75 or so, the servo is new for $64 bucks.

I also upgraded to a set of Funkey fiberglass blades that worked awesome. Century makes a killer set of mufflers that keep the noise down and performance up!

I have seen new start belts sold here and there but the O.S. .32 pull start that I have in my ZX is a work of art and requires just a glow starter and a few tugs on the rope to get the party started!!! I think its the O.S. 32SX-HX. I'd buy one again in an instant. Its almost not cost effective to upgrade to the top start feature as you can almost by the whole Shuttle Plus for the same cost.

Whatever you do........dont try to make the ZX into a TREX or RAPTOR unless you want some major headaches, besides you already have a belt driven tail on the ZX. If its "Bling" you seek, there are some awesome upgrade metal parts from Quick UK and they ship parts so fast it'll make your head spin.

The ZX is a very capable machine as I'm quickly finding out!

As I've stated in the past..........you cant make a washing machine into a clothes dryer.............unless, of course, you have alot of money.........and even more patience!

Tony
Old 01-15-2008, 11:57 PM
dreimer

I'm not trying to make this into a TREX or anything like that....just trying to find parts that are more readily available.

I've looked at all the places you've mentioned. Thanks for the input.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:39 AM
cobra525
My Feedback: (5)

Im in the same boat right now. I learned on a shuttle quite a long time ago and always wanted to get another shuttle to have as a classic in the collection. I recently purchased a nice ZX top start and wanted to know how compatible is the shuttle plus with the older ZX ZXX? Mechanical parts that is.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:21 AM
ANAMALS14

Been wondering the same thing myself,and was turned on to a cross reference guide. I have it in pdf , which won't post. So if you pm me I'll e-mail it to you. Just got my original shuttle restored,then got to thinking that if you got a A model you don't drive it every day, or learn to drive with it. So I picked up a shuttle zx which is a lot easer to find parts for.