Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Hirobo Support Forum
Reload this Page >

Hirobo SRB Quark

Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

Hirobo SRB Quark

Old 06-28-2008, 08:04 PM
aeromechanic
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hirobo SRB Quark

I got mine yesterday, I've ordered it without the radio, (Nowdays everything one buys comes complete, so space is running out with so many radios, chargers, etc..) I'm waiting on my Futaba crystals..... I didn't know that this version comes with a frequency already (installed crystal) if I knew I would have requested my same frequency from the vendor. Anyways, the Heli is awesome, and we all know about the quality, can't hardly wait to fly it.....
Old 07-08-2008, 03:14 AM

Hey guys

How easy is this thing to fly? Can it be flow by a beginner (after a Sim of course)
Old 07-08-2008, 03:52 PM
jrizzle
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Quark is not as easy as a XRB, but it is the most stable single rotor heli available on the market. The quality is excellent and I highly recommend it. Its not cheap but it is a load of indoor/calm outdoor fun!!
Old 07-08-2008, 10:25 PM
rotarydoc

jrizzle,

How is your Quark doing?

I have had mine now for 3 weeks, and I still love it as much as I did on the first day!

I figured out my battery plan, and have 5 packs for mine now. I used some Efllite 430mAh packs, they only cost $22 each, and I can charge them on my Eflite CX2 chargers, so I am set!

No major crashes, yet, just broke a couple of blades landing in tall grass.

I can't say enough about this great little heli, and Hirobo quality!

I am hooked on the micro helis....just ordered a Gaui Hurricane 200! That will be alot of fun as well, but I know not as easy and carefree to setup and fly....but fun nonetheless!

Enjoy your Quark!

Glenn
Old 07-15-2008, 12:32 PM
jrizzle

I feel the same way. I love micros and the largest heli I fly is a Blade CP Pro. The quark is such I FUN break from sometimes stressful CCPM flying. Keep in touch. Look on youtube and search srb airwolf. Looks like the guys in the video may have installed the xrb airwolf/ bell 222 body on their Quark. Im thinking about buying the bell 222 body kit from heliproz and seeing if it can be modified to fit my Quark. Have fun!
Old 07-24-2008, 05:01 PM
rotarydoc

Hi jrizzle,

Wow, sorry, I kinda forgot about our thread over here in the Hirobo forum! I have honestly not flown mine in a couple of weeks, have been really busy with the Gaui 200, which is another VERY sweet little bird! It's about the size of the Quark, but is CCPM, and has a belt driven tail, so it's a joy to fly...I know you like your CPP's, but all I can say about this little guy is WOW!! It has all the capability of the CPP, with excellent tail control to boot!

I need to get my Quark out and stretch her wings a bit...there is nothing that is just as much flat out fun to fly as the Quark, as you pointed out, a very fun break from the stress of flying the CCPM machines, very carefree!

The Gaui is a very high quality little heli, but I still don't get the quality "feel" of the Quark with it...but it's a very impressive little heli for sure!

I really love the Quark on bad weather days, when I can fly it in the shop at work...very cool, as the styrofoam blades are very safe for flying around cars, for that occasional slip up...LOL

Keep in touch, I see you over at the Eflite forum from time to time....have fun with the Quark !!

Glenn
Old 08-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Dave ESPI

Any updates as to the bell jet ranger body being available?

THere is a great thread on this Heli over on RCGROUPS. I'm seriously dropping some cha-ching on this.

Jrizzle Can you post a pic and some info as to what you did to the head (mods) to the Bell hiller ?

Very interested !
Old 09-05-2008, 03:33 AM
Dave ESPI

After waiting to see if a buddy of mine who was visiting in Japan could find me an AIRWOLF body version of this, (and failed)

I got my SRB Quark today. I had to go to work, so I waited till I came home to fiddle with it.
I read the instructions, charged the battery, and set the controler up as specified from the instruction manual, and did the start up sequence.

I held it in my hand and ran a series of low power reactions to inputs from the sticks.

First thing I felt: A VERY POWERFULL GYRO !

I was impressed, so I powered it down after everything checked out OK.

I set it on the floor.
The cats watched intently.

It started up again, slid around, then lifted a foot, and held a perfect hover with zero drift or tail twitch........

much unlike the cats which were twitching their tails intensely.

I set it back down, and decided "this bird needs to fly this coop!"

Took it out to my favorite "proving grounds" (Nighttime lighted parking lot near my house) and had a super smooth and nearly uneventful Maiden flight. It handled a slight breese very nicely, and impressed me with its agressive turning ability and nice responsive flight characteristics.

I cut the throttle at 10 feet and it dropped fast, I throttled back up inches from the ground, and did a "tap and go" on the ground, and the slight mis-calculation of the tail angle caused damage to a foam tail propeller blade.

I went home, slapped a replacement one on, pluged it all back in, and it flew perfectly 30 seconds later with the repair.

350.00 for it from Greg88 off e-bay (he has a hobby shop also), and it is worth every penny.
I was not sure if I would like it, but it's super stable and very relaxing to fly with just a bit of "squirelyness" to make if fun in the wind.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Dave ESPI

Frustrated I couldn't get it with the AIRWOLF body, I was at the LHS and one of the CX2's I was repairing needed a new body. I kept the scrapped one and modded it to fit my Quark.

It needed just a tad bit of FF input to keep it nosed out a bit, but it flew perfectly fine.

I plan on confusing a few of the locals with it at the first "Winter fly-in" @ a local hangar we all gather at... haha

Making a custom carry case also.

Not "perfect", but looks damn good in flight !

EDIT: pics of case "in process".

I did some more work to the case.

I got it for 30.00 on E-bay and picked up a sheet of 2 inch thick styro insulation from HDepot for 15.00 (case dims are 6 x 19 x 21)

Enough foam to make 2 cases inserts ( or if you screw up the layout) and I just have to get the felt and make a custom insert and glue it to the foam for a refined finished look to the case.

Definately adding a scale body to this heli if I can find it again. A seller had them for a Walkara coaxial, but I have not seen them on E-bay in a while of a Jet Ranger.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:29 PM
Jamming

Love the case ! Gotta do the same for my new little wonder. Thanks for the pics !
Old 11-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Dave ESPI

Crashed my SRB hard today. FINALY broke a real part!

33 flights, and I have been flying it on "advanced" settings for about 4 packs now, and the tail "lagged" in reaction time and I had a tree-collision. Busted all my blades, and heli came down and landed firmly on the tailboomfrom about 15 feet up; busting the tail gear housing. Luckily,..... I had a spare, so I was back up and flying in 13 minutes

Such a great machine!

Really hope the Walkara 4G3 CCMP is as much fun to fly and as durable and stable, becasue if Hirobo makes a CCMP version of the SRB....... I think I will not hessitate to buy one for a second!
Old 02-08-2009, 04:17 PM
sergealain

About the odd stuff going on with the Hirobo Quark, try to reset it! Check the manual at the end.
Today something weird happen... I was flying and... the main blades exploded in the air :S and felt into some water ...
after opening the electric box and clean it up, replacing both main blades and rear blades, it kind of strange. IT WAS MISSING A LINK ROD.
I believe that was the main cause of this crash. The floor was very flat and would be easy to find the link rod near the crash site. The rod appears to be "very used". Does this happen to anyone else?
I'm gonna buy a new link set tomorrow.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Dave ESPI

serg, parts do wear out. Depending on how you fly, and what kind of "Pre-Flight" Checks you do, that linkage could have been of the rocker or perhaps you lost it while in flight. If it is the one that attaches to the flybar yolke, I have lost teh same one before, but it was because I had landed hard and not checked to see if it was properly seated on the ball link before flying again and it came loose in flight.

I have over 50 flights on my Quark and its one of the best Quality Of Parts helis I've had the pleasure of flying.

Atleast its an easy fix and you are not completely tearing down the bird to replace a ton of stuff
Old 02-09-2009, 03:24 AM
sergealain

You are right, I didn't checked it after a hard landing yesterday...
I'm new to heli's, but I'm amazed with the quality of it! I've set it up to expert mode and will try later.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:49 AM
mediclavina

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc
I am hooked on the micro helis....just ordered a Gaui Hurricane 200! That will be alot of fun as well, but I know not as easy and carefree to setup and fly....
I also got a GAUI 200. The Quark helped me speed up my learning and boosted my confidence.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Dave ESPI

LOL.. I have a GAUI 100 (same as the 200 only shorter tail boom and blades also.) Its a LOT snappier than the quark, so you really need to be quick on the sticks and on-point with your skills. Mine is still in the hangar torn down from my initial purchase of it as it was missing a few things from the factory to make it fly right... Gaui parts are a P.I.T.A. to find in the states.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:02 PM
mediclavina

ORIGINAL: Dave ESPI

LOL.. I have a GAUI 100 (same as the 200 only shorter tail boom and blades also.) Its a LOT snappier than the quark, so you really need to be quick on the sticks and on-point with your skills. Mine is still in the hangar torn down from my initial purchase of it as it was missing a few things from the factory to make it fly right... Gaui parts are a P.I.T.A. to find in the states.
I was so thrilled the first time I made an attempt to hover the GAUI 200. It was not bad considering the wind was unsteady that day. It's either my skill has improved a lot or the GAUI is just inherently stable for its size. But it took me 2 months of fixing, finetuning, and parts switching before I got to this stage. The Quark is a lot better when it comes to workmanship and quality of electronics.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Dave ESPI

Im going to PASS on getting an INNOVATOR. I really am not getting a good vibe about them and from the videos I see, it looks very "toylike" and isnt a snappy or smooth flier. Ill stick with my Hirobo Quark.

I took my quark to a local fly-in this weekend. everyone there had never seen one cept on the net, and they were blown away by how nice it flew and looked.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:21 PM
mediclavina

ORIGINAL: Dave ESPI
I took my quark to a local fly-in this weekend. everyone there had never seen one cept on the net, and they were blown away by how nice it flew and looked.
Way to go, Dave!
Old 02-12-2009, 12:51 AM
jrizzle

Yes, nice job! If more people actually observed the value and performance in person more people will buy them!!! I agree with you on the innovator. Get another Quark!!!!
Old 02-20-2009, 01:49 AM
jrizzle

[link]http://model.hirobo.co.jp/[/link] New aluminum carry case from Hirobo Japan for the XRB/SRB. Looks great. When you click on the link look for the picture of the case on the right hand side and click on it.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:18 AM
Dave ESPI

Cool find Jriz!

What is different.... looks like some sort of PCM radio with LCD screen/..... perhaps 2.4 ghz? [X(]

or are they just teasing us by putting the radio and heli in there for "Display purposes" and all we get is the case?
Old 02-20-2009, 11:50 AM
jrizzle

I think the radio in the picture is just a JR 72Mhz model that is useable with the Quark. As far as 2.4 ghz Hirobo has told me recently that it is not in the works for now. My dealer just emailed me and stated that he should have a price for the case and the new LED light kit today sometime? I will post when I find out.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:58 AM
jrizzle

The dealer I use is Greg here is his email/ [email protected] .I found him on Ebay and he has good service and the best Quark prices I have found. He also sells aftermarket batterys that are pre wired for the Quark for around $25. They are still 7.4 V but they are 700Mah instead of the lower stock Mah. His RTF quark is $325.00 and the Tx-less version is $295.00. Great prices! Just shoot him an email and he can answer your questions.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:38 PM
jrizzle

My dealer tells me that a CP version Quark is coming out in December!!!! Start saving now!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.