Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Hirobo Support Forum
Reload this Page >

Old Shuttle Sceadu 50 not flying right since crash

Community
Search
Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

Old Shuttle Sceadu 50 not flying right since crash

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 06:41 PM
jose8986

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old Shuttle Sceadu 50 not flying right since crash

Hello everyone,
New to flying heli's. Got a great deal on e-bay about a month ago on a Sceadu 50,Futaba 8u, gy401 gyro and many extras... everything is like new!!! Been flying planes for over 30 years but these birds are completly different!!! Practice on my Sim for 2 weeks until I got good in hovering did not want to crash it on the 1st try. Put my training gear on, give it a try and it flew great, it was perfectly set up and had it hovering rock solid in no time was really pleased, the following weekend did the same thing but i got a little bit too cocky and give it the wrong input and went into my fence tail 1st.. the damage did not seem bad, replaced all bent and broken parts that included the tail rotor assm. tail pully and shaft , pitch lever assm, stab. bar, feathering spindle, yoke, mixing arms , main mast and the gears in my rotor servo, installed all the parts, checked and doubled checked everything it all seemed good until I went to fly it. the rotor servo goes crazy close to 50% thottle and the heli just spins!! I have re-checked everything and tried everything but no matter what I do its does the same thing, I am totally lost here[sm=drowning.gif]. Was hoping somene in here can shed some light on this problem any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks for your HELP !!!!!

Jose'
Old 03-16-2008, 02:56 AM
sandseeker

Default RE: Old Shuttle Sceadu 50 not flying right since crash

sounds like your gyro direction is reversed and/or your drive belt is twited the wrong way giving reverse rotation of tail rotor (viewing right side heli,rotating anti clockwise) check the sceadu manual for a diagram or midland helicopters web site has the manual on line.

good luck

chris
Old 03-16-2008, 01:11 PM
jose8986

Boy do I feel dumb[sm=red_smile.gif] . Checked out the tail rotor like you suggested and it was turning clockwise had the belt twisted the wrong way... corrected it and test flew... rock solid in hover. It was right in the manual stearing me in the face the funny part is that my wife mentioned this last nite but I blew it off!!![sm=48_48.gif] I hate it when she's right LOL Thanks for giving me very solid advice... If I could help you with airplane stuff just drop me a line.

Gone flying THANKS,
Jose'
Old 03-17-2008, 02:12 AM
sandseeker

Glad it helped!

chris