Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Hirobo Support Forum
Reload this Page >

Hirobo AH-1W Super Cobra Technical Problem

Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

Hirobo AH-1W Super Cobra Technical Problem

Old 06-30-2008, 04:34 AM
GunCobra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hirobo AH-1W Super Cobra Technical Problem

Need help,i have a problem with my Super Cobra kit and the problem is that the tail sudden sways right during hovering and sometimes it getting worst where the nose facing in front of me for sudden..."sigh" and everytime i have to counter it and it not supposed to be that way am i rite?and the ruder blade aswell sometime it can't counter it perfectly and did check the rudor servo and there is nothing wrong with the servo. Than i check my gyro 401 sensitivity well again i don't know nuts about the gyro and what i can see from the gyro the current setting is DS-on,DIR-on,Delay 74% and Limit 120% also i did some changes of setting with the futaba 9ch transmitter follow the Super Cobra Hirobo Manual as stated below:

D/R UP 1ch(AIL)100% 2ch(ELE)100% 3ch(THR)N/A 4ch(RUD)100% 5ch(GYR) N/A 6ch(PIT) N/A
DN 1ch(AIL) 70% 2ch(ELE) 70% 3ch(THR) N/A 4ch(RUD)100% 5ch(GYR) N/A 6ch(PIT) N/A

EXP UP 1ch(AIL)N/A 2ch(ELE) N/A 3ch(THR) N/A 4ch(RUD)N/A 5ch(GYR) N/A 6ch(PIT) N/A
DN 1ch(AIL)N/A 2ch(ELE) N/A 3ch(THR) N/A 4ch(RUD)N/A 5ch(GYR) N/A 6ch(PIT) N/A

F/S. 1ch(AIL)NORM 2ch(ELE) NORM 3ch(THR) 25% 4ch(RUD)NORM 5ch(GYR) NORM 6ch(PIT) NORM
REVERS. 1ch(AIL)NORM 2ch(ELE) NORM 3ch(THR) REV 4ch(RUD)NORM 5ch(GYR) NORM 6ch(PIT) REV
PARAMETER. -TYPE: HELI(SR-3 -ATL:ON-
SWASH AFR. AIL -50% ELE -50% PIT +55%

POS1 POS2 POS3 POS4 POS5
TH-CRV NORM 0% 35% 50% 65% 100%
PI-CRV NORM 0% 25% 50% 65% 100%
HOLD 0% 25% 50% 75% 100%

However it was a failure the heli still make a tail sways right during hovering and i am giving up now perhaps hirobo team can solve my problems maybe you can give me the correct setting and also what is the main problem that i am facing actually?,herewith i attach the specification of the AH-1W hirobo:

Gyro-401
Rudor Servo- S9254
Engine OS91RZ-H(H)
60FRP Hirobo Blade
50 size Rudor carbon blade frm funkey

Kindly really need your response ASAP.

Regards
Old 06-30-2008, 04:50 AM
Paul_Barsamian
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Hirobo AH-1W Super Cobra Technical Problem

First, turn delay down to 0. Next, check to make sure that 120 is not to much by checking that your rudder linkages are not binding at the rudder end points, 120 is likely too much. Next, make sure the gyro is initializing in hh mode, when you turn the rx and heli on, wait for a few moments without moving the heli, the red LED on the gyro should blink really fast and then stay on solid, if this isn't happening, recommend downloading 401 instructions from Futaba, and re-doing setup per directions. Also make sure linkages are not binding up during any part of movement.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:09 AM
GunCobra

ORIGINAL: b0gh0s

First, turn delay down to 0. Next, check to make sure that 120 is not to much by checking that your rudder linkages are not binding at the rudder end points, 120 is likely too much. Next, make sure the gyro is initializing in hh mode, when you turn the rx and heli on, wait for a few moments without moving the heli, the red LED on the gyro should blink really fast and then stay on solid, if this isn't happening, recommend downloading 401 instructions from Futaba, and re-doing setup per directions. Also make sure linkages are not binding up during any part of movement.
Yes the gyro LED blink fast and stay on solid,rudder linkages check no binding. neway bro what do u mean by the abbreviation of HH MODE and if 120% is too much so what is the correct percentage? tq
Old 06-30-2008, 05:37 AM
GunCobra

Correct me if im wrong HH is stand for heading hold
Old 06-30-2008, 05:26 PM
Paul_Barsamian
My Feedback: (5)

Yes, HH is for heading hold.

As for 120%, that depends on setup and model. I usually set it manually checking that the linkages don't bind up at both extremes of rudder throw. I DON"T do this in radio programming since it has a different affect.

If that doesn't work, bump your gain up until the machine starts to wag, and then back off. I setup a TOW cobra last weekend and the gain was about 95% on a 401 with no wagging.

Also, check that your battery is not dropping low, do a full discharge/charge on your RX batt with a good charger that can tell you millamp/hours in and out. Make sure it takes a full charge and then test the battery with a load testor. I have gyros that have the "feature" of telling you when the battery is too low by giving out during hovering. Even if you think the battery is good, verify with a really good charger, this is the single most overlooked troubleshooting step and is about 75% of the time the real culprit for people that are seeking my help.

If that is still not the issue, test the tail blade bearings for wear. Turn the heli off and pop the ball link off of the rudder control arm, grab each tail blade one in each hand, and apply pressure away (pull them away from each other to simulate load while spinning), and then twist them in the motion of actuation (where they would change pitch). If anything, I mean ANYTHING feels crunchy, tear down the tail and start replacing bearings.

If that isn't the issue, check that your torque tube is not disconnecting or sliding

Check that your control rods are not sliding in and out of the ball links (stripped ball links)

Check that your tail counter gear is not missing teeth and is meshing properly.

Check that you haven't lost any drive pins in the gearing for the tail

Check screws going through ball links

Check to make sure servo is not moving and that arm is not slipping.

Check servo for stripped gears

If I think of anything else I'll add to the list
Old 06-30-2008, 11:29 PM
GunCobra

Wow my goodness it was amazing explanation and deep detail,neway thanks a lots for the details and good explanation really appreciate that and i will follow according to the comments. thanks bro [sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif]

regards
Old 07-01-2008, 01:25 AM
GunCobra

Anyway bro if you don't mind can you kindly describe me what is the gyro LIMIT purpose? and what is the gyro DELAY purpose? last but not least what is the GAIN purpose? thanks

regards

http://niagarafallsfamilypackages.blogspot.com/