Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Hirobo Support Forum
Reload this Page >

EVO 50 Shaft start, no one way?

Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

EVO 50 Shaft start, no one way?

Old 07-21-2008, 11:08 PM
rdf430

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVO 50 Shaft start, no one way?

Hey all you Hirobo fans I just recently finished my EVO with a hyper 50 in it. Thanks very much Dan G. But I have a slight problem starting it, I built it but don't recall a one way bearing on the starter and if it has one It ain't working so to start it (using a cordless drill) i have to turn the motor over and pull out the shaft starter other wise the motor can't run cause it dont have the power to turn the drill over, no kidding, lol, I'm just to lazy at this time to go out to the shop and look at it. if im right is there a cure?
Old 07-22-2008, 12:10 AM
tadawson

Default RE: EVO 50 Shaft start, no one way?

Hirobo's as well as some other brands use a start shaft with the one way on the shaft, not in the heli. So, you are correct, no one way on the heli on purpose . . . it would just be dead weight.

- Tim
Old 07-22-2008, 12:24 AM
machdiamond

Default RE: EVO 50 Shaft start, no one way?

Yes indeed your starter should have a one way bearing installed. I would not use that cordless for too long, you run the risk of damaging the starter coupler.