Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Hirobo Support Forum
Reload this Page >

Sceadu 50 goes in pool !!!!!

Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

Sceadu 50 goes in pool !!!!!

Old 08-04-2008, 10:02 PM
jose8986

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sceadu 50 goes in pool !!!!!

Hi Everyone, Had a brain fart last weekend ,was having a great time with my Sceadu 50 learning how to hover and was doing great until my engine kept dropping to idle. Me being an ass kept flying until my batteries went died!!!! My radio was going into fail-safe mode. Before I figured out what was happening my heli landed in my pool I got it out within 10seconds and shut off the power. I removed all the electronics and dryed them with a hair dryer..checked the heli itself and found the main shaft and feathering spindle was bent slightly... the next morning I tested the radio everything was working properly.. ordered all the parts that I needed... got my heli back together but now its not flying right.... its starts off good for about 10 seconds but then starts to spin to the right I have to keep the rudder stick all the way to the right to keep it steady, I landed it tryed to re set my GY401 but it does not hold... if I move the rudder trim all the way to the right it gets better but still have to hold the rudder stick half way.. I checked to see if anything else is bent but everything looks good... Do you guys think I damaged the gyro???? Any help you guys can give would be great.... you can even crack some jokes I deserve it

Thanks,
Jose
Old 08-05-2008, 03:41 PM
machdiamond

Default RE: Sceadu 50 goes in pool !!!!!

I would never make fun of you - I too ditched my CP2 in the pool, it flew under water for about 10 seconds before the battery came loose!!! It also got the hairdryer treatment but I must add that it has never really been the same after that... I have learnt though and I would never fly my Freya at home, pack the thing up and off to the field, I have never passed a range check at my house.

It is possible that there is still water in the servo. you can strip the servo and gyro all the way to the component board and make sure there is no water in the potentiometer (position sensor). Bake the open components in a luke warm oven (50-60 C) for two hours and let them cool properly before assembling. remember to grease all the servo gears - good luck

Perhaps some floats for your heli would make a nice self-gift :-)
Old 08-05-2008, 04:14 PM
mrc-hirobo

I would recommend:

- make sure you clear out all the water from the engine and pour in after-run oil to keep the interals from rusting

- return all of your radio gear to their respective service department for cleaning and checking. it is NOT worth the potential danger of having one of the servos, receiver or gyro glitch out on you and potentially hit you, someone else or someone's property.

good luck.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:36 PM
jose8986

Thanks guys for all of the help and responses, I have been flying airplanes since I was 12 but these birds are nothing like them. I was planning to remove all the servos and receiver and send them out to Futaba for service, I was just worried about the gyro, hate to buy a new one if there is nothing wrong with this one. I will try to set up the gyro like Bigfeet suggested . If that does not work I guess I will get a new one.... Thanks again... I let you guys know how I made out..

Jose'