Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

quark toilet bowl

Hi Chaps, so far this is the first heli i can fly at all, and love it, however after hovering in the garden and doing some small very slow laps i took it to a field and found when i went to hover after moving forward it would pitch nose up and then start to go backwards in a toilet bowl effect, can some one please piont out what page i need to read or what to do? love this heli. thanks in advance ..glen

RE: quark toilet bowl

I don't pretend to be an expert heli instructor, but here goes:

When slowing back to hover from forward flight, as you pull back the heli will climb, causing your tail down attitude. Pulling back is the same as adding up elevator on a plane (OK not exactly, but essentially) Once you lose forward momentum, it will reverse and slide down along the path desribed by the rotor disk like it was a wing. In this case you slide down because you're tipped that way. (There is no such thing as gravity. The earth sucks. ;-)

So, when you're stopping pull back slowly and very gradually reduce power just enough to keep from climbing during the stop at the same time you're pulling back. As you come to a stop, but a hair before you actually do stop, bump the cyclic forward a hair to settle into a hover. You will have to add power about the same time to keep from losing altitude since you've lost the lift created by forward motion.

As you master the maneuver, you'll learn to do it faster and from higher forward speeds.

If you have a simulator (and if you don't, I highly recommend one) try this on the sim before you try it on your heli. Also, if you have a competent pilot who can buddy box with you, that's an unbeatable training aid.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: quark toilet bowl

hi sfell, thanks for the info, will have ago later , best regards glen