Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Hirobo Support Forum
Reload this Page >

original shuttle

Community
Search
Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

original shuttle

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 12:17 PM
ANAMALS14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default original shuttle

[&:]I've just aquired an original blue shuttle, top mounted flybar,in good shape with futaba 7gh system (sans gyro). As I understand z,zx,&zzx parts will interchange. Can anyone give me a list of interchangeable parts and a gyro compatible with my system? Any help is greatly welcomed. I intend to thoroughly go through it while pratice sim flight. I will be more than pleased with hovering and foward flight , not interested in 3d.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12466.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	1026713  
Old 09-06-2008, 01:22 PM
nitrohog

Default RE: original shuttle

My advice would be to upgrade that radio with something a little newer and more reliable. Then get a modern heading hold gyro like a GY401.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:56 PM
glydrjocky

Default RE: original shuttle

Very little is interchangable between the Z and ZX. I have a ZX and a Shuttle Plus. I have run into issues between the two of them also. Lots of subtle changes happened along the way. Best to get a Shuttle Plus parts list and upgrade there.............otherwise you'll be playing, the leg bones connected to the foot bone until everything is replaced to new specs. After my first ZX crash I found out that the links from the swash to the upper mixing arm were not available, then I had to buy the Shuttle plus style but the seesaw didnt have the relief cuts for the new mixing arm ball ends so I replaced it and so on and so forth it goes...........................................

I'm using the JR G410T (out of production but available on ebay) with the 810G sport tail servo and it works fantastic. Holds nicely. I would see if you can get that old Z to fly with the parts you have but the first crash is going to require an up grade to the ZX or Plus style head and flybar unless you want to search the net endlessly for parts. I think the Z tail boom is shorter than the ZX and there for the belts are different also.

TOSS THE RADIO! Your best bet is to get one of the newer computer radios to fly it with. A basic JR like my 642 would do the trick nicely. Its going to make learning and setup a billion times easier. I started with a JR Max Computer radio and it did all the basics I needed. I now have my JR8103 programed and it flys incredibly well with my setup.

Shuttles are amazing to learn on, very stable to hover and fly amazingly well on a .32. They just require some creative thinking to find parts at times. My ZX has been flying again for over a year. I've just started flying in inverted and worked my way through forward flight, 540 stall turns, loops and rolls. The folks at the field continue to be amazed that the old bird can do the things I've done with it.

Watch the old shuttle tanks though, the aluminum tubing corrodes and plugs the fuel line at the rubber stopper, which also deteriorates. You'll have to buy the small Shuttle tank because there are no tank parts to repair the old one. Make sure you buy the small tank with the screw on style cap. The larger tank is for the Shuttle plus (250cc ) and needs the newer style frames and servo tray.............. Use a header tank for a bit longer run time and also so you can see the fuel level, stock tank under the cowl is a sure way to learn your auto's