Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Hirobo Support Forum
Reload this Page >

Carbon fiber Quark blades!

Community
Search
Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

Carbon fiber Quark blades!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 05:58 PM
jrizzle
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Carbon fiber Quark blades!

Just noticed that Jutstar.com has new carbon fiber main and tail blades for the Quark! Just throwin it out there. BTW is there fun after Quark?LOL
Old 12-22-2008, 12:01 AM
willowarune
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Carbon fiber Quark blades!

I was looking through my small parts box and came across some "racing blades" fro a CX2. Supposedly stronger plastic than the stock CX2 blades. When I placed them agaisnt the stock Quark blades, they were very similar - so similar that I thought I would try them out later on. The mounting hole is in the right place, the blades are very similar in shape, and I think it will be interesting to try them out...

Willow
Old 12-22-2008, 09:33 AM
fiddlesticks1

I would be intrested to see how those work out. THe carbon fiber baldes from jutstar are good for indoor living room flying but when you take the quark to a gym they dont have enough lift.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:08 PM
willowarune
My Feedback: (2)

The "racing blades" from my old CX2 seem to have teh same shape and I wonder if they might work on the Quark. Gonna try 'em one day...

Willow
Old 12-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Jamming

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

8 new blades from many retailers for 15 bucks, except for the cool factor, Why use carbon blades. The helicopter gets a stable flight from the flexing effect of the blades.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Dave ESPI

OK, so Im ripping around now at flight # 35 and it is super windy outside... a few gust are 15+mph. I have the aftermarket Carbon Fiber Blades on it and it is handling the wind like a champ with advanced rate settings.

I seriously can say ANYONE can fly this heli and wins after a while is not really an issue. Then again, I've got a lot of practice with it in calm days too.

I <3 my QUARK !

They fly well for me. you need to use a stronger battery for longer flight times YES.... and I fly outside, they do NOT like to just hover as they tend to get stuck in their own prop wash. They are happy doing FF.

Increase the pitch a bit on the con rod to the flybar, and it flies nice.

I still think the Foam blades are damn good, and I now re-enforce the area near the blade grips as that is where I tend to bust them off at. THe foam is good for learning what NOT to do, and how the heli reacts to inputs, but its nice to be able to use the CF and get a bit more punch out of the authority on the rotor head.

at 55.00 a set for mains and tail, you can crash a LOT of foam blades, and not have to worry about other colateral damages. I'll know how well worth the CFs are when this wind calms down a bit more and I get a few more batt packs under my belt with
the CFs.

They do look damn sexy on it though.

Now to get a scale airwolf body from Japan for it and be stylin!