Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

My first Sceadu!

I just finished up and flew my Sceadu Evo 50 SWM yesterday between rain showers.

I put in the following:

Spectrum AR7000
    JR 8311's for CCPM and throttle
    JR 770 3D gyro and 8900 tail servo
    Thunder Tiger Redline .53
    Throttle Jockey Pro Gov
    MP5 Muscle Pipe
    Raddix 600mm main and 92mm tail blades

My first impressions are "what a beautiful stable machine". Started on the first try, tracking was spot on, ( might need a half turn on a link but the blades are just one single blur). The Hirobo manual was a great help and the build went off without a hitch. I just took my time and went step by step. I set up the linkages using my trusty mm ruler and everything just fell into place. I'm amazed at how well all the plastic components work. The frame has alot of small slots that make secure routing of wires very simple. Absolute quality in a well designed package. I turned on the governor to check my intial settings and the hover rpm became so stable that it was like the Sceadu was hanging from a string in mid air. Can't believe I waited this long to build one!!!!

The bad part is I paid $341 from Ron'z and thought I was getting a deal. For the new price I may have buy me another one!!!!!

Tony

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jg14275.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	1062843   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rp42774.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	1062844  
    \" The only people who truly know where the \"edge\" lies, are those who have gone over\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: My first Sceadu!

Yeah - I just bought the same kit for $249.00 delivered. I already have one that I fly but I couldn't pass on the deal.

It's a stable machine, that's for sure. A bit too much, really - I pulled the lead weights out of the flybar paddles and it was still stable but it livened it up a lot. I have since put Youngblood paddles on it and it's pretty cool. I also put the torque tube in it just to get away from the belt.

Happy flying!

Help, I have this uncontrolable urge to build a Sceadu Evo .30..........

Is there an RC Heli's anonymous 12 step program to deal with this addiction?

Its rained all day and I'm going through withdrawls.......... My hands are out in front of me and my thumbs wont stop wiggling on imaginary sticks! [>:]

Is there a conversion kit to turn one of those $249 Evo 50s into a .30?

Hopefully this feeling will pass soon.....
    \" The only people who truly know where the \"edge\" lies, are those who have gone over\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It can be done with a few hardware substitutions. But you may want to reconsider given the greatly reduced performance that will result.

Now that I have my Shuttle Plus .37 back in the air I have taken your advice and reconsidered my previous thoughts on the Sceadu .30. However, I could falter and re-reconsider at any moment

What size CY paddles are you running?

I just love these Hirobo's!