Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Evo 50 and One Way Bearing Failure

I recently purchased this helicopter in the ARF version. All major components were preassembled including the main gear which houses this bearing. The bearing froze with about 45 minutes run time on it. This can't be normal. I need any advice when I replace this component regarding the proper installlation.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Evo 50 and One Way Bearing Failure

Recommend sending the bearing assembly back to MRC Altech and explaining the problem. If you have the receipt to show the short time frame, I'd include a copy of that as well.

Bearings are not perfect, and can fail. I've had those last for gallons and 1 or two that just blew up for no reason. Recommend making sure you have bearing grease in it on the next one and make sure the bearings aren't moving around within the hubs too much.
    \"Son, before you can soar with the Eagles, ya gotta learn to **** with the chickens...\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thank you for the informative information concerning MRC. I plan to follow up with MRC if the bearing in fact did fail. I plan to pull the bearing out this coming Sunday.

Hi,
    I am Greg Gomes I work with Hirobo at MRC. If you send the bearing back with a note saying what happend I will see to it that you get a replacement.

Attn. Greg
    MRC
    80 Newfield Avenue
    Edison NJ 08837

732 225 2100 ex 214

Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi, Greg, I'll take you up on your assistance. I plan to take the machine apart this coming Sunday. From an answer from a previous poster I might have a totally different problem. I still believe it's the bearing. I had a similar failure in a Kyosho Caliber.

OK sounds good I'll keep and eye out for it.