Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Hirobo Support Forum
Reload this Page >

STATIC problem on Shuttle I think please help

Community
Search
Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

STATIC problem on Shuttle I think please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 07:44 PM
justbash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STATIC problem on Shuttle I think please help

Hi All

Can anyone please help I have had my Shuttle ZTS for some time now but have recently changed my TX from FM to a 2.4ghz DX6i and the RX to a AR6200 since doing this the model has become a big worry to get in the air as the receiver keeps going into failsafe. If I bench test the problem does not exist even with all servos under load, the spectrum system requires the power to the receiver to be up to the job as this can cause the same issue I have gone to the extent of having two batteries in parallel and two switches but the same thing happens only when I spool up it doesn’t happen every spool up but about every 4th to 5th time the receiver just starts blinking. I believe it could be static build up zapping the receiver if this is the case what is the best way to get rid of the static.

Thanks
Old 03-10-2009, 09:17 PM
glydrjocky

Default RE: STATIC problem on Shuttle I think please help

Just a thought but I know that vibration was an issue with some of the early receivers from Spectrum. So much so that they wanted you to open the case on some receivers and put dabs of hot glue on certain components. How is your receiver mounted? Is it mounted in foam or is it hard mounted to the battery tray or servo frame.

Since 2.4 claims to be free from electrical interference I would tend to think perhaps vibration is causing the issue and not static. Especially if you can't duplicate it on the bench. Perhaps a broken wire in the switch or a bad switch all together. Have you balanced the rotor head, blades, clutch/fan assembly, tail rotor etc. and made sure the engine is lined up with the clutch bell.

I'm using an AR7000 in my Sceadu and its mounted to the frame with zeal tape as well as the remote receiver. Havent had any static issues with it to date.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:17 AM
fiddlesticks1

I agree with glydrjocky. High frequency vibrations can be the cause of electronics acting up, especially gyros. It is not unheard of to have HFV to funk up your receiver.
It is very important to balance every rotating part because HFV stems from unbalanced rotating parts.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:09 AM
justbash

Thanks for the help guys but still believe it is static everything is balanced fine as stated before no problem with FM I have taken blades off to test and get the same problem however someone told me to try wd40 on belt and main gear this seems to be doing the trick on the last couple of tests need more testing to be fully confident , an electrician friend of mine advised me that for static to arc it has to be around 10,000 volts and will KO any system all I can image is that it must of been happening with the FM system but was more tolerant than the spectrum system