Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Hirobo Support Forum
Reload this Page >

Govenor and throttle Jockey

Community
Search
Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

Govenor and throttle Jockey

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 03:36 PM
eddr50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Govenor and throttle Jockey

I have 2 30 EVOS with OS37 engines,going to make 1 into a 50 soon.my queston is what Govenor to go with and what is the difference between a Gov and Throttle Jockey and how hard is this to hook up?........ Thanks.... eddr50
Old 03-13-2009, 03:53 PM
fiddlesticks1

Default RE: Govenor and throttle Jockey

Any governor will work. I actually like the MultiGov. It is as easy as installing a magnet into the fan and a sensor to pick it up should take you about 20 min to a half hour to install a quick radio setup and you are off.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:57 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts

There's limiters and governors. The Multigov is both and the one I reccomend.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:58 PM
glydrjocky

I've got a Throttle Jockey Pro Gov on my ShuttlePlus .37 and my Sceadu Evo 50. Super simple to hook up and program following the simple instructions. There are two Throttle jockeys on the market. The Pro Governor and the "Rev max" rev limiter.

A governor uses the gov's internal electronics to adjust the engine speed and is in control of the throttle during the flight, disregarding your radios throttle curves once the proper perameters are met such as target rpm and throttle position, The rev limiter on the other hand uses the radios throttle curves but doesnt allow the engine to over speed when the rotor head is in an unloaded condition. This is said to give quicker response and allows the use of cyclic throttle mixing, something I've used with great success on my ZX Shuttle with its .32, it does however slightly overspeed in certain acro manuevers but noting that I cant live with.

As Barracuda mentioned there are some better products on the market, I just used the Throttle jockey because I felt it would meet my needs.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:18 PM
eddr50

I"ll go with the MultiGovenor, ...........Thanks alot eddr50