Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Programming My GPH into the DX6i

Hi guys
    I would like some help Programmin my Hirobo GPH into my Dx6i
    I have asked for help on RR. and they just Scoffed at me saying that I would not be able to Program a Heli from Forum Posts
    I need to be looking for servo travel. Pitch curves. and throttle curves. and they were most unsettling

I really would be able to get this done with the Right HELP. and I need Help
    I will post a List of the Equipment on this Heli. and will someone please HELP me out on this

I have seen Video's on You Tube on this. But they Don't really Deal with Nitro Helicopters

Will someone Please Post here if your interested in Helping me out

Thanks
    Rich D.....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Programming My GPH into the DX6i

If its single servo then http://www.raptortechnique.com should give you an pretty good starting point.

If its CCPM then google FINLESS VIDEOS and he has some that deal with CCPM setup. Thats kind of old so its probably single servo collective so don't worry its not that hard.
    Andy - Helicopter Forum Moderator
    AMA 77227 Leader Member- Contest Director
    www.JaxRC.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Hirobo GPH is a mechanical mix helicopter, so start with setting it up for single servo normal. You can tell if it's a single servo mechanical mix by the pitch arm. The pitch arm looks like a long tray on the top of the front of the frame that can move up and down. You now need to set your servo centers mechanically by removing the servo horns from the servo. Then you'll turn on the Tx and make sure that all trims are centered. Next, you'll turn on the Rx battery to allow the servos to center themselves. Once the servos are centered, put the servo horns back on with the exception of the pitch servo, ensuring that the swashplate is level. Now you'll turn your attention to the pitch servo. Move the pitch arm to center the swashplate on the main shaft, and put the servo horn back on to keep the pitch arm centered. Ensure that when you give left cyclic, the swashplate tilts to the left. When you give right cyclic, the swash should tilt to the right. Forward cyclic, the swash should tilt forward. Back cyclic, the swash should tilt back. Pitch is a bit different for each heli, but generally, the swash should slide down for negative pitch and up for positive pitch (check this by adding positive pitch/throttle and watching the trailing edge of the main blades when the flybar is pointing nose to tail. If the trailing edge points down, you are getting positive pitch. Adjust your servo reversing to get the proper movements.

Next, move on to your pitch and throttle curves. To set up your pitch curve, you need a pitch gauge. If you don't have one, your LHS should have one for under $20. If you don't have a manual, you need to procure one. Hirobo doesn't have free downloads of their manuals, however, I have seen one on another site. I thought I had it bookmarked, but I cannot find it right now. I'll continue looking for it. The manual should state the recommended pitch ranges for each flight mode. Use the pitch gauge to set the low, hover, and high pitch points, then make the curves linear between the points. For you're throttle curves, set them up for the desired headspeed you wish to achieve at each point. Your normal curve should be linear from idle to high (your idle may not be at 0% on the throttle curve). Your idle up curves should look like a "V" or a "U" shape with the low point being roughly half throttle. The exact points depend on the engine, helicopter, pitch settings, and personal preference.

Once your curves are set up, turn your attention to the gyro. Set your gyro up according to the gyro manual, then mechanically set your rudder (tail) trim by turning the tail ball link on the tail rotor control rod until the gyro can hold your tail without the tail wandering much. You'll be able to tell this because the tail will drift in one direction, then when corrected, will drift in the other if your gain is low (rate mode). If your gain is too high, the vibrations from the engine and mechanics will cause the tail to "wag". Once you've reached this point, adjust your gain to where the tail locks in without drifting or wagging. You'll have to re-check this again at the end of your setup. This step is to keep the tail under some control while checking the head tracking.

This should get you pretty close. If you need any more assistance, post back and I, or another member, will respond to help you out.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You guys have givin me the Gift of Life Here & I really appreciate this Emensly
    this is very Helpful and I can't thank you guys Enough
    I will Post back here as I Make Progress with the Heli

I have over 17 Helicopters in my Fleet 10 of them Being Nitro's, that I have Aquired over the Last 18 Months
    and they Just sit on the Shelves Lookin Great, I have been looking for some help for over a Year Now
    I owe you guys Big Time !!![8D][8D][8D]
    Thank you very Much
    Rich Dotterer
    AMA # 919845