Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Hirobo Support Forum
Reload this Page >

Hirobo Shuttle Challenge

Community
Search
Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

Hirobo Shuttle Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 10:10 AM
fogf1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hirobo Shuttle Challenge

Hi all, I've had my Shuttle Challenge for a number of years and have had limited success in flying it. First, I never had the time to devote to learning to fly and second, every time I tried I ran into the same problems. I'm using a JR 8103 radio. I can't seem to get the tail to stop spinning. I have it set up exactly as the manual says but I can't get the model to stop pirouetting. I have a JR gyro, I think it's a G410T. If anyone has radio settings for the JR radio I use that would be helpful. Any advice would be good on the spinning tail also. I'm going out later and bypassing the gyro to get a baseline for the model.
Almost literally flying blind here! Any help would be 'helpful'. Thanks.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:22 AM
fiddlesticks1

Default RE: Hirobo Shuttle Challenge

Check to make sure your gyro is not reversed. This could cause the heli to pirouette violently.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:28 AM
fogf1

Thank you for the advice. I'm going to first see how the ship handles without a gyro. It should be able to have some stability without the gyro, no?
Old 04-16-2009, 06:51 PM
glydrjocky

I used the 410T in my Shuttles and they seemed to hold the tail just fine. I agree on checking if the gyro is reversed as that would cause the spinning. Once you switch the reverse switch on the gyro you may have to go back to the radio and reswitch the rudder channel. Make sure the tail is going the correct way and make sure the gyro is countering the movement. I recall having to do this on my setup and I'm also using the JR 8103. I replaced my Shuttle Plus 410T with the 500T and that was a far better upgrade.

I belive I ran my 410T gyro gain around 60% or so with a JR 810G sport tail servo. This setup served me well for over a year and a half worth of flying.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:46 AM
fogf1

Should I have the 'Tail Lock' switch set to on or off?