Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Hirobo Support Forum
Reload this Page >

Hirobo sceadu engine problem

Community
Search
Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

Hirobo sceadu engine problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 05:31 AM
Coyote64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hirobo sceadu engine problem

i peps, just a small problem that has me baffelled

I finally check rechecked and checked again my shuttle before bravely / stupidly took her up for the first time ( stupidly because i didnt use training gear )

I had her in a nice hover for the whole tank tried a few very basic moves and landed her, no crash to broken parts, ego in tact and everything..........

The problem is that after the very sucessfull maiden flight i can get the engine to start again, ive had the engine out checking for compression, glow plug has been replaced, wires to glow plug have been replaced even the glow plug starter, but the enigine does not want to fire up.

Any suggestions of why it went from perfectly fine to complete none starter in just one day ?
Old 05-04-2009, 04:09 PM
tadawson

Default RE: Hirobo sceadu engine problem

Have you verified that the glow plug is indeed getting power? Not sure what engine mount you have, but on my Freya, with the anodized mount, I have had problems with the ground lead from the plug losing conductivity. Also, have you checked for free fuel flow - IE no chance of any flash plastic or such clogging the tank outlet?

- Tim
Old 05-08-2009, 09:42 AM
glydrjocky

I had issues getting my Sceadu started a few times as well. I found the biggest culprit was the glow plug contact clip on my remote glow lead. This has only been a problem with the Enya #3 and I'm not sure why. I have found if I dont get an instant start all I have to do is reach under the cowling and press the boot/clip down on the glow plug center stud and it lights instanly on the next start attempt. I have the same remote on two other helis with no issues but for some reason this one is intermittent.

As was mentioned before you might have sucked up some crud in the fuel system and hopefully you are running a fuel filter on the line before it gets to the carb. I've had a small sliver of silicon tubing give me fits as it lodged against the dubro filler valve inlet causing an intermittent blockage from hell that was all but invisible inside the cowling on a plank Cap 232.

T

Old 05-08-2009, 12:56 PM
tadawson

Which boot/clip is doing that? The Revolution extension perhaps? If so, then you probably don't have it all the way on - on that one, you have to pull out on the wire to open the clip in the boot, while pushing it down *HARD* onto the plug. Once it is on, you should not be able to get it off without also pulling out on the wire to unlock the clip. Not sure how others do it, but pretty much all the "booted" plug extensions I have seen work this way, and should not be capable of coming loose if put on correctly. If you have a different variant, then feel free to ignore this . . .

- Tim
Old 05-08-2009, 07:11 PM
glydrjocky

I think mine is from Century but has the same Revolution design. I found it a bit more difficult to engage the Enya plug as the stem is much larger than the OS plugs. I pulled the wire and clipped it on but Im not sure exactly what is causing the high resistance. I know I had pressed it on quite far and I'm not sure if the clip is sticking open on the Enya stem then vibrating down the stem where it gets narrower and then loosing contact. When I press on the boot I can feel the spring clip slipping further onto the plug. I fired it up for a few flights today and it seemed to start right away. If it continues I'll investigate further.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:00 AM
Coyote64

Thanks guys for the replys, ive just moved so have had no internet, i dont think its fuel blockage but ill try that anyway just to make absolutely certain, as for engine mount it is an alloy mount.

Ill try all these suggestions tomrrow and let you know how it all goes

Many thanks for replies again
Old 05-25-2009, 04:51 AM
Coyote64

Right little update, i replaced all fuel lines and filters rebuilt the lot in fact, yesterday went to the field and she started up first attempt no problem. I had also moved my earth lead off the alloy block as well so not entirly sure which one of the fixes it was but at least it was one of them.

I had her in a good hover for a full tank no problem, but was finding a destinct lack of power on the trottle, guess i need to tweek the needlke valves to suit.

Does anyone have any ideas how much and which way to lean or enrich the fuel to air to get optimum result please ?

Old 05-25-2009, 07:12 PM
Coyote64

Well that went well.............................................. ......

Actually it did, but not when you see repair bill lol

tail rotor assembly

horizontal fin

tail rotor servo arm

tail boom

tail rotor servo arm boom clip

chassis

hitec servo horn

blades

main rotor shaft

feathering shaft

flybar assembly

flybar

upper gear

tail servo

Canopy arm fixings

But and its a big but, even though its totalled, i hovered her, then got engine setup, then tried forward flight, then did 3 rolls and inverted 3 times untill it happened............................

Ran out of tallent, but before hand what a great expriance !