Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Hirobo Support Forum
Reload this Page >

Freya 60 to 90 conversion

Community
Search
Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

Freya 60 to 90 conversion

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 03:00 PM
brandon113

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freya 60 to 90 conversion

I have an old Freya 60 that I would like to convert to a 90. I think there was a different gear setup and a few other things but can't find the list anymore and also would like to find the CCPM conversion.

Thanks
Brandon
Old 12-21-2009, 04:19 PM
Paul_Barsamian
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Freya 60 to 90 conversion

You are in luck my friend:

CCPM upgrade for Evo Freya: Part# 0414-213 includes swash and all the blingy blue you need to convert, I've done 2, love them both.

Gear ratio needs to change, suggest (depending on engine) either 7.92/1 or 8.45/1 Probably 7.92/1 so you'll need the 12 tooth pinion (0414-374) and the 95 tooth main (0404-707)

Frankly I think you'd want the upgraded oneway as well given the extra torque, that's either part# 0414-229 or 0414-309.

These are all available from MRC directly, call Greg G, tell him Paul sent you. He'll take care of you

Old 12-29-2009, 02:14 PM
brandon113

Thanks, going for it after the first of the year. By the way this is an old original Freya not a EVO I think, and I guess the old side frames will work. Does anyone still make carbon frames for the Freya? Have an old eagle which I love and a Tsurugi. Hope to get the Rugi flying soon! Going to update my Gyro on the Eagle and maybe see if I can get the stuff to set up a driven tail rotor. Got any ideas on that? Sure is easier to fly the old big birds compared to my Align 450. Lots of smoke, noise, almost scary, love it.

Thanks
Brandon
Old 12-29-2009, 06:54 PM
Paul_Barsamian
My Feedback: (5)

Brandon, the parts I quoted will work on the freya or evo frames. The carbon frames from Hirobo will work as will the sets that Carbon xtreme used to make though I don't know if you can still find the CX ones anymore. If you are looking to change that much, you might be better off getting a used Freya EX and converting to CCPM from there.

As for the Tsurugi, I'm admittedly not familiar with that machine, would have to defer to MRC directly on that one...