Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Hirobo Support Forum
Reload this Page >

tail servo .50 sceadu

Community
Search
Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

tail servo .50 sceadu

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 08:21 PM
Bud Blade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tail servo .50 sceadu

Hey all!

I have a .50 size Sceadu that i was flying the other day. the cheap tail servo that was in it when i bought it came apart mid flight. (that was fun!) but i got it down without any further damage. Now i need to find a decent tail servo on a budget. It has a 401 clone gyro, and I'd love to stay around $50 u.s. Any ideas? I'd be laughed out of the park if i said i do 3-D, so i don't need the ultimate in tail servos. Can't pay for one either. Just need one that will be fine flying around in figure 8's and such.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:52 AM
glydrjocky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tail servo .50 sceadu

I've had good luck with the JR 810G Sport tail servo. I believe there is a digital version called the 890 as well. The 810 sold for $64 and worked well in both my shuttles. My present Sceadu 50 is using the JR 770 gyro and the 8900 tail servo if my memory serves me.

I had gotten away with using a JR 537 as my Shuttle tail servo for a time but the hold was much stronger with the faster 810G. Ultimately depends one the level of performance you seek from your gyro.

T