Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Aurora 9 Firmware upgrade issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 04:26 PM
CurtD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aurora 9 Firmware upgrade issue

I'm having an odd problem with upgrading the firmware in my Aurora 9 transmitter, currently at V1.06...

I downloaded the latest HPP-22 software/firmware (1.04) from the Hitec site and installed it on on my computer. The computer has never had this software installed before so there was nothing to uninstall. I hooked everything up per the system upgrade manual and on-screen instructions. I have no trouble getting a connection to the transmitter every time I run the software. What I DON'T get is the pop-up illustrated in the manual to upgrade the firmware. The program immediately goes into the upload/download screen and displays the transmitter's firmware as 1.06. Communication with the transmitter is good because I'm able to back up my model "sets" to my PC.

I searched the forum and found several mentions of people not seeing the firmware upgrade pop-up but I did not see any resolution. Anyone know what's going on and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Curt
Old 11-26-2010, 06:22 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aurora 9 Firmware upgrade issue

ORIGINAL: CurtD I'm having an odd problem with upgrading the firmware in my Aurora 9 transmitter, currently at V1.06...I downloaded the latest HPP-22 software/firmware (1.04) from the Hitec site and installed it on on my computer. The computer has never had this software installed before so there was nothing to uninstall. I hooked everything up per the system upgrade manual and on-screen instructions. I have no trouble getting a connection to the transmitter every time I run the software. What I DON'T get is the pop-up illustrated in the manual to upgrade the firmware. The program immediately goes into the upload/download screen and displays the transmitter's firmware as 1.06. Communication with the transmitter is good because I'm able to back up my model "sets" to my PC.I searched the forum and found several mentions of people not seeing the firmware upgrade pop-up but I did not see any resolution. Anyone know what's going on and how to fix it?Thanks,Curt
When connectingAurora, there are two boxes bottom left of screen and user must select the update moderather than the default model datatransfer mode.
Hitec FAQ - Aurora Updates has links to two video at the bottom of page which will assist.

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 11-26-2010, 08:51 PM
CurtD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aurora 9 Firmware upgrade issue

Thanks for the quick response, Alan. That got it. A case of not RTFP on my part...