ORIGINAL: Steve PercifieldÂ*Â*Â*Â* I have done exactly what you say. I've watched the video, I've downloaded and read the manuals, but I do not get any farther than the set up screen for the module update. It remains there. I do not get an update screen/button to continue. I have reloaded the HPP-22 software over and over and from several sources and it will not work.
There were two leads supplied with the HPP-22 for updated Transceivers and module.
Ensuring that one lead has been fully inserted
deepÂ*into both the port in the module and P1 of HPP-22.
1. Ensure transmitter battery is well charged
2. Connect HPP-22 to PC and Spectra module..
3. Start HPP-22 program and wait for blue bar to complete on screen and the blueÂ*light is lit on HPP-22.
4. Select ''etc'' , select target = ''Spectra module.''
5. WaitÂ*(depending upon the two servers, time of day and traffic, could take 10<>40 seconds or so)
Â*Â*for the next screen.
Only afterÂ*the two alternating instructionÂ*picturesÂ*appear, turn onÂ*the A9Â* and then press ''Yes'' to transmit..
6. Wait for screen to change and display existing module version and asksÂ*if you still want to upgrade.
7. Continue to follow online instructions.
8. If 1<4 ok and alternating screen does not appear, try the other lead.
OnlyÂ* one ''faulty module'' referred here to date, this because user was not inserting the lead far enough into the module port - enters almost to the little tab (which assists withÂ*pulling plug back out).
8. If above procedureÂ*fails, refer to:
Hitec Warranty & Service
Note: Hitec USA only services North/South America and Canada.
All other countries see appropriate distributor for service.
â€˘ If you are from a country that is outside North and South America, please contact the
Hitec distributor in your country for service.