Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Competitive priced Hitec 2.4GHz receivers ???

Old 08-29-2011, 07:12 AM
Gyroguru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Competitive priced Hitec 2.4GHz receivers ???

This question is for Mike Greenshields

Tower Hobbies is selling the Futaba R2106GF 6-Channel 2.4GHz FHSS Micro Receiver for $35. Others are selling them for even lower at $30. At these prices, there is no need to buy clones from China.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXARPA&P=7

The Hitec’s Optima 6 Lite - 6 Channel 2.4Ghz Receiver is in similar class as Futaba and Futaba has a larger market share

Mike, is Hitec going to introduce lower priced Rx or may be consider lowering the price of Optima 6 Lite to stay competitive?

For my kids, I am considering purchasing two entry level Computer Radio's with price of extra receivers as a strong deciding factor. As the 2.4GHz conversion market dries up, the Chinese manufactures will eventually make more and more clone receivers. It's matter of time. The Chinese manufactures are making decent quality Futaba clones Rx for fraction of the cost which are perfect of indoor and slow flyers. This is probably the main reason to come out with lower price FHSS system with $30 Rx.

Thanks