Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

hobbyking 15A Ubec. TR-UBEC15

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 04:38 AM
mvarzoni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hobbyking 15A Ubec. TR-UBEC15

Dear all, Good morning!

Has anyone here tryied to use the hobbyking 15A Ubec? the SKU is TR-UBEC15 and the link is http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...or_Lipoly.html

I'm assembling and electrifing an GreatPlanes P51.
For the receiver system, I'm using a 3S lipo -> on/off switch -> UBEC -> optima6 ->servos.

Now, here comes the weird part where I need help.
If I turn switch off, them radio off , them radio on, switch on, the OPTIMA flashes the blue light for 3 times, them the light goes solid, but it does not link (or does not respond at least)
THEN, I don't turn TX off, nor switch off, but I disconnect the lead from UBEC to receiver and reconnect it back, VOILÁ, it works perfectly! if I turn switch off, it all hapens again...

If I try same setup on an AR7000 receiver, I have absolutanly no problem!

Please help me!

Thank you!
Mauricio
Old 10-09-2011, 11:38 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: hobbyking 15A Ubec. TR-UBEC15

ORIGINAL: mvarzoni Dear all, Good morning!
Has anyone here tryied to use the hobbyking 15A Ubec? the SKU is TR-UBEC15 and the link is http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...or_Lipoly.html
I'm assembling and electrifing an GreatPlanes P51.
For the receiver system, I'm using a 3S lipo -> on/off switch -> UBEC -> optima6 ->servos.
Now, here comes the weird part where I need help.
If I turn switch off, them radio off , them radio on, switch on, the OPTIMA flashes the blue light for 3 times, them the light goes solid, but it does not link (or does not respond at least) THEN, I don't turn TX off, nor switch off, but I disconnect the lead from UBEC to receiver and reconnect it back, VOILÁ, it works perfectly! if I turn switch off, it all hapens again... If I try same setup on an AR7000 receiver, I have absolutanly no problem!
Please help me! Thank you!Mauricio

No manual for that UBEC appears online, is the SPCport connected as per drawing under:
Optima Transceiver (RX) - SPC - SPC connection & Lead Detailed
?

Without the manual and a wiring diagram for your current set up, two items noted online:
1."Very good ubec. I use two of them in a large scale yak 54 and they work well. 4 stars because the only "bad" thing is that the battery is never completely disconnected from the ubec. it is necessary to put a switch between ubec and battery. "
. That UBEC has two power output leads, (as one plug cannot handle the rated output current), both must go to the servo bus, neither to the SPC port which should be powered by a separate lead to plug which connects to battery. If one of those UBEC leads is put into the SPC port, set up is most likely providingpower to Optima before the transmitter is being turned on.
(Alsoconstant BEC output only will be monitored whereas you want to govern the actualbattery voltage on TX screen).
Aurora 9 - Transmitter On First - Off Last
prevent failsafe and other errors.

2. "the specs sounds promising but when i used it on my hirobo sdx, range of my radio was greatly reduced! i won't be using this on my heli! 25paces away and radio signal was broken, without this regulator, range was at 70paces and still working. terrible rf noise! "
Ensure ID-Link is set using the su[[lied swotch harness and battery box, (never using a U/BEC), and remember to range check each time out
AFHSS - ID_Setup (also known as Binding or Linking) & Range Test Procedure Aurora 9, Spectra 2.4Ghz Module <> Optima Receiver.
<o></o>

If above does not resolve issue. please post drawing of your onboard set up.

Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules & Optima Transceivers
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 10-09-2011, 02:03 PM
mvarzoni

Allan,
I thank you very much for your very professional answer...

Your reply solved my problem.
There was a very tiny witch that I had tore off.
Putted it back and it is all ok...

On another words, this UBEC has two switchs... WEIRD!!

However I still have one doubt.
Does the SPC overcomes the regular servo power suply, right?

If so, let me tell you a short story...
My uncle electrified an old Avistar...
He used 6S lipo for engine and a 5cel ni-cd on receiver.
For some unknown reason, the engine and lipo got in fire, but he were able to safely land down and extinguish fire...

What if he was using SPC from engine?

Would the receiver go dead?

Thank you...
Mauricio
Old 10-09-2011, 05:35 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mvarzoni Allan, I thank you very much for your very professional answer...
Your reply solved my problem. There was a very tiny witch that I had tore off. Putted it back and it is all ok...
On another words, this UBEC has two switchs... WEIRD!!
However I still have one doubt. Does the SPC overcomes the regular servo power suply, right?
If so, let me tell you a short story... My uncle electrified an old Avistar...
He used 6S lipo for engine and a 5cel ni-cd on receiver.
For some unknown reason, the engine and lipo got in fire, but he were able to safely land down and extinguish fire...
What if he was using SPC from engine? Would the receiver go dead? Thank you.. Mauricio

"He used 6S lipo for engine and a 5cel ni-cd on receiver.
For some unknown reason, the engine and lipo got in fire, but he were able to safely land down and extinguish fire... "
If using an Optima, and SPCis connected to the 6S power battery and that fails, then there will be no signal to the servos once voltage to SPC falls below 3.8v.

. Using a separate 5 cell ni-cd on receiver to power both the transceiverand multiple servo, withSPCplug installed,can also be problematic, especially with aged batteries (or using less than AA size packs, or even less than"C" size packs for larger models), dipping below the
brownout threshold when servos are loaded up in say a fast diving turn.
Check the high/low voltage on telemetry screen when range testing and after flight, which is why the use of
Optima Transceiver (RX) - Dual or Multiple Batteries may be installed - Avoid Brownout & Add Redundancy is suggested for larger models.

. Using a separate
5 cell ni-cd on receiver SPCportand separate power to servos does reduce risk of either above failuresbut user wouldnot then be able to monitor the voltage of the main power supply withoutan add-on HTS-SS-blue and sensors.

Alan T.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:00 AM
yak-54
Banned

A Great Product  I Have 3 of them
ilan