Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Anyone: Eclipse 7 vs Prism 7...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 12:34 PM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone: Eclipse 7 vs Prism 7...

I just got my new QPCM Eclipse 7, but was wondering what is the basic difference in the Prism 7 ? Will my Spectra module fit it? Is it positive and negative shift as well? How many model memory? My transmitter carrying case has an empty compartment, and I need something the keep the Eclipse company... Any help would be appreciated!
Old 08-24-2003, 06:32 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spectra works. 3 model memory, negative and positive shift. Eclipse has much more, but the Prism 7X is a very good computer radio. I have one of each. Prism 7X can be picked up in great shape for very little at times and is a very good radio. Prism 7X does it's own PCM, not compatible with anything else, just as new Eclipse does it's own.
Old 08-24-2003, 07:54 PM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Prism 7x vs Prism 7...are they both PCM only or FM as well and what is the difference between the two. Can it be used as a Buddy Box to my Eclipse?
Old 08-25-2003, 02:37 AM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe the 7 cannot be used as a buddy box. No cable plug in. I have not considered the 7X as a buddy box for the Eclipse and am not at all sure.
Old 08-25-2003, 03:31 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Dittos to all of what 4*60 has said. The Prism 7x and the Eclipse QPCM are both PCM/FM capable but the early Eclipse is only FM (PPM). The differance is the Prism uses an earlier discontinued PCM RX that is not compatable with the QPCM Rx or vice versa. Futaba also has this disparity between its old and newer PCM systems.

The Prism has a rather rare feature with its manual trims, called 'Trim Rate'. The manual trims work like any other but there is a programing feature that lets you program in any response to those manual trims from 0 to 100% and independantly for all three axis. This has the effect of providing for much finer adjustment of trims that is unavaliable with electronic trims on any radio and this is the reason I will only use my four Prisms for my pylon racing ships and my Eclipse is saved for sport flying.