Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Optic 6 2.4 Sport question

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 04:33 AM
jlingrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Optic 6 2.4 Sport question

My Optic 6 2.4 tx appears normal when I turn it on, however, when the rx is turned on and I bind it to the tx, when the power is cycled off on both and they they are turned back on, the tx will make a series of 3 short beeps with and intervening silence. It seems to be working, but I would really like to know what this is indicating. Powering off the rx and leaving the tx on stops the beeps. Is it an indication of a rx problem, thought it did it on 3 different rx. Any help would be appreciated. I am returning to the US in May, and will hand carry it back if it must be returned for repair.

John R Lingrel
Old 02-23-2012, 05:00 AM
bgw45
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Optic 6 2.4 Sport question

It just indicates a proper bind with the RX has been established.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:12 AM
jlingrel

I would have thought so too, but it continues. And this has never happened before. I noted that I had a proper bind as everything else seems to work OK. But the beeping just keeps on going. That, I do not think is normal. Could be have something to do with the telemetry stuff (which I have never gotten into)?

John
Old 02-23-2012, 05:34 AM
bgw45
My Feedback: (1)

if you are getting more than three beeps and a working quiet system, then you need to check both rx and tx battery voltage. I don't own an Optic 6, so this suggestion is all I can offer. Experts to chime in soon, hopefully.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:53 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jlingrel My Optic 6 2.4 tx appears normal when I turn it on, however, when the rx is turned on and I bind it to the tx, when the power is cycled off on both and they they are turned back on, the tx will make a series of 3 short beeps with and intervening silence. It seems to be working, but I would really like to know what this is indicating. Powering off the rx and leaving the tx on stops the beeps. Is it an indication of a rx problem, thought it did it on 3 different rx. Any help would be appreciated. I am returning to the US in May, and will hand carry it back if it must be returned for repair. John R Lingrel
"the Tx will make a series of 3 short beeps with and intervening silence"
Suspect the built in RF Module rather than the Optic 6 Sport operatingsystem.
AFHSS - Warning Beeps Aurora 9 & Spectra 2.4Ghz Module - Interpret & Manage the Independent Alarms.

What do the RF Module LEDindicate?
AFHSS - LED Status Card - What the colours/combinations are indicating.
. Digital .pdf copy which can be printed and inserted as a page in manual or extra cards made.

"Powering off the rx and leaving the tx on stops the beeps"

Minima Receiver or an Optima Transceiver?
Ifan Optima Transceiver, a Low Battery Warning is most probable cause, as attached .
Optima Transceiver (RX) - Low Battery Warning settings forSpectra 2.4Ghz module.

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers
& Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db83753.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	1730696  
Old 02-23-2012, 11:24 AM
jlingrel

Thanks Al Sounds like my problem will be in the battery area. Will did into it tomorrow morning and will let you know how I come out.

John
Old 02-26-2012, 11:17 AM
rudder turns

Hi Guy, If you get 3 beeps, pause 3 beeps,and continues,the problem is your receiver battery. the receiver telemetry is working, telling you that you have low battery voltage, If you get 4 quick beeps,that's showing you that your transmitter and receiver are bound. thanks Ed
Old 02-26-2012, 04:43 PM
jlingrel

Turned out that when my tx glitched last week, it dumped all the programing in it, including the low battery voltage setting. It had gone from the 4/5 cell battery to the custom and was set for 6.5 volts. Once I reset that, all worked fine. Now all I need to do is get confidence in the transmitter before I will use it again. Might just send it back for service since I am moving back to the USA in May.

Thanks for the ideas guys, I appreciate it.

John