Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Aurora 9 screen sensitivity

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 02:03 PM
nmbilly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aurora 9 screen sensitivity

My Aurora 9"s screen has become less sensitive over time. When it was new it did not take much pressure to activate options. Now it takes considerably more pressure and time for the screen to respond. Has anyone else experienced this with their Aurora 9?

Old 04-19-2012, 06:01 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aurora 9 screen sensitivity

[quote] ORIGINAL: nmbilly My Aurora 9"s screen has become less sensitive over time. When it was new it did not take much pressure to activate options. Now it takes considerably more pressure and time for the screen to respond. Has anyone else experienced this with their Aurora 9? [/quote]

Have not seen that hapen on any locally but wonder if you have removed/replaced the original
screen protector. Perhaps, as on some other touch screens and keyboard protectors, the protectormaterialdiscolours/hardens and requires periodic replacement.
(and with a very verywide grin - perhaps aging of the user should also be taken into account?)

Alan T.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:22 AM
nmbilly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have removed the screen protector. The screen freezes, and responds differently than option pressed and sometimes quits responding completely and has to be shut down and started over in model programming process.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:28 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: nmbilly I have removed the screen protector. The screen freezes, and responds differently than option pressed and sometimes quits responding completely and has to be shut down and started over in model programming process.
In which case, if following does not improve matters:
Aurora 9 - Screen Sensitivity & Recalibration - Pressure switches, not capacitive,
use either Stylus provided or very tip of finger for best results.

suggest email/phone: Hitec Warranty & Service direct.
Note: Hitec USA only services North/South America and Canada. (- Closed Weekends)
All other countries see appropriate distributor for service.
• If you are from a country that is outside North and South America, please contact the
Hitec distributor in your country for service.

Alan T.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:31 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: nmbilly

My Aurora 9''s screen has become less sensitive over time. When it was new it did not take much pressure to activate options. Now it takes considerably more pressure and time for the screen to respond. Has anyone else experienced this with their Aurora 9?

I don't know if this relates to your problem or not but I have noticed a considerable difference between A9 touchscreens. For example, my A9 has a very sensitive, responsive screen where my friends has required the use of the stylus for most entries since new. On his, programming with a finger is a real chore where mine is quite easy. Examining several other A9 radios, I find their screen response all different to a degree. My guess is that different production batches just have a different feel compared to others.

I work with and sell touchscreen devices regularly and find the above to be quite normal. Some aging and performance changes also seem to be normal ...... though I can't comment at all whether this applies to the A9 screen. If any question, I wouldn't hesitate to send the radio back to Hitec for service.