Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

2.4 Module Beeping Twice

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 05:50 AM
Ron Kay
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4 Module Beeping Twice

Good Morning to you all,

Hope you had all a great 4th! Was flying yesterday here in Northern AZ and it was perfect, it even rained! Can you beat that?

I have an eclipse 7 with the 2.4 module and until yesterday it's been working great for the past several months. However, I went flying yesterday and did a range check as usual everything appeared to be right with the world. Then I noticed that when pushing any of the Tx sticks, the 2.4 module after a second or two starts to beep and both led's start blinking. If the stick is released the beeping stops? Not sure at this point if this has any affect of the signal strength or link with my receivers.

This is something new? What did I do and how do I stop whatever it is that's going on?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks,
Ron
Old 07-05-2012, 08:39 AM
JIMF14D

Default RE: 2.4 Module Beeping Twice

Welcome to the world of Big Brother!
Your Eclipse 7 was keeping you out of trouble probably. The 2.4 module has a RX battery alarm. It can be set with the HP-22 programer which you should have to keep your module and RXs up to date.

So your Rx sends the battery voltage down to the TX module. When you move the sticks your servos are probably loading down your system and dropping the voltage below the alarm..maybe to 4.5 or 4.8 volts. In the old 72 mhz you would never know this happened.

I had this when Ifirst started flying 2.4 Hitec two years ago. Check for binding in your sytem and if everthing is good Isuggest you change to a 6v RX battery if your servos can take 6 volts. Most Hitec units can.

I have changed out all my RX batteris to 6 volts. Also the 2.4 RXs draw more current and a 6 volt battery of proper current rating is a good insurance against "brown outs" where your RX goes to sleep and your model goes to Balsa Heaven.

If you have the HP-22 unit you can connect your module to it and see what voltage level the alarm is set for.

Save your pennies and buy a Hitec Aurora 9 TX and you will be able to see these battery transients and info on your display. And your Eclipse 7 with the 2.4 module will bring a good price on E-Bay.

Good luck!
Old 07-05-2012, 09:02 AM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

If moving the servo's activates the low battery alarm (4.4v w/ 4cell and 5.4V w/5 cell) then your battery is not sufficient for the application or not charged. I've also seen switches cause this problem so by pass it and check it again. What battery and servos (type and count) are you using?

Mike.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Ron Kay
My Feedback: (3)

Mike,

I think that was it, a low voltage warning... I installed a new pack and it appeared to be charged but upon closer inspection it was low.

Thanks for the help.

Ron