Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

RECIEVER BINDING

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 12:45 PM
copelab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RECIEVER BINDING

We had an incident at our field the other day.The gentleman left the battery in the plane he had just flown,switched models on the tx,and then attempted to take off with a different model.The unattended model in the pits started up and high speed taxied through the pits an into my plane. Is it normal for this to happen? To my way of thinking,if he selects a different model he should just bind to that model. If this is normal,electric modlels should be required to have a kill switch.
Bob
Old 10-09-2012, 01:25 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: RECIEVER BINDING

I think for many brands of radio you can bind multiple receivers to the TX and ANY of the model memories will operate the receiver.

That being said - ANY model should be turned OFF when you aren't flying that model - especially electrics which can start up with no warning. ALWAYS unhook the flight battery connector after a flight, re-connecting it only just before you're ready to fly THAT model again!

Old 10-09-2012, 01:40 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: copelab We had an incident at our field the other day.
The gentleman left the battery in the plane he had just flown,switched models on the tx,and then attempted to take off with a different model.
The unattended model in the pits started up and high speed taxied through the pits an into my plane. Is it normal for this to happen?
To my way of thinking,if he selects a different model he should just bind to that model.
If this is normal,electric modlels should be required to have a kill switch. Bob
This is normal for majority of all RC systems and even those with model match should havebattery
disconnected when not in use to avoid similar occurences through start up for many other reasons.
Not to mention that any battery left connected to an ESC will continue to dischargeand can be depleted below recovery voltage.
(frequently seen with new users buying RTFmodels and not reading instructions)
Please see notes re model match under
.Aurora 9 - Startup Warning Alarms Disable / Enable Alarms and Model Match FAQ.

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Modules, Optima & Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 10-09-2012, 01:49 PM
JIMF14D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Then we could all forget the kill switch! Leaving a plane with the battery installed but unattended is a big no no....