Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Two recievers question about Voltage Tx readout

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 08:54 PM
Quigleywins

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Two recievers question about Voltage Tx readout

I'm about to test fly a new aircraft with twin recievers. My question is on the transmitter reciever read out of the reciever Voltage, what will be given. The first reciever to connect with the transmitter an average of the two batt or the lowerest or highest. I hope you can help yours Paul T Thanks for your Help
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx69994.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	1869951  
Old 04-04-2013, 12:43 AM
A.T.

Default RE: Two recievers question about Voltage Tx readout

ORIGINAL: Quigleywins I'm about to test fly a new aircraft with twin recievers.
My question is on the transmitter reciever read out of the reciever Voltage, what will be given.
The first reciever to connect with the transmitter an average of the two batt or the lowerest or highest.
I hope you can help yours Paul T Thanks for your Help
Whilst have recently had a report of mixed voltage but uncertain as to how the units were wired, the following has been correct to date.

. Optima Transceiver (RX) - Dual Redundant receivers - The first turned on after the Transmitter will be the recognised telemetry sender.
.. includes Service Bulletin 'Optima Series Receivers - Dual Receiver Warning & Dual Battery recommendations"

includes notes to be aware of:

. Update 10April 2012:
"Dual RX's is not recommended with our system as we have seen in some cases
where they will not range check as well as a single RX.
Definately use dual batteries and a power distribution system like a smart fly or
power box is not a bad idea to spead the load.
Check out this video of team pilot Brandon Chitty's set up:
. Hitec Aurora 9 - Giant Scale Setup - Mike. "
Update Nov 2012:
Service Bulletin: Optima Series Receivers - Dual Receiver Warning
Due to the fact that the Optima series of receivers are actually transceivers, they are constantly communicating back and forth with the transmitter. In some dual receiver environments, Hitec has seen that the range of one or both of the receivers can be greatly affected. For this reason, it is strongly suggested that only a single receiver setup be used in any model, regardless of size. Hitec has tested our receivers with all the channels being used with high current draw digital type servos and dual batteries configurations utilizing 2 Y-harnesses. In this scenario the servo bus has been able to handle the current without any issues. If more than 9 servos are needed then it is suggested that a power distribution device be used, such as the kinds offered by Smart Fly or Power Box. For more information click HERE (= . pdf attached hereto)

. Transmitter On First - Off Last to prevent failsafe and other errors.

. Range Check before flying.

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS 2.4Ghz Module, Transceivers_Receivers & Telemetry FAQ _ Setups & Tips

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 04-05-2013, 03:50 AM
Quigleywins

Default RE: Two recievers question about Voltage Tx readout

Many thanks