Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Aurora 9x

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 02:15 PM
mrbill55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aurora 9x

My name is Bill and I'm fairly new to the hobby. This is my second season and enjoying it a lot. My questions and concerns are with my new 9x. I own a Aurora 9 and used it for many flights. I decided to buy the 9x because it sounded newer and better. I used a spectrum before and had 3 crashes because I lost control then my instructor told me to buy an aurora 9. To this day I haven't had any problems except the touch screen. No crashes. Yay! Now that I own a aurora 9x I have had control issues with 3 planes. I use all hitec radio equip,as in servos and receivers. 2 aeroworks 300 50cc planes, and 1 ultra stick 60 have crashed because of loosing control. Do not have a clue what is going on. Both receivers were optima 9s and had 7955s on the 300extra. The latest mishap was today coming for a landing and had no elevator control. All controls worked fine when I got it back to the pit area. No big deal plane is fixable. Just hate it when I don't know what went wrong? I've purchased a aeroworks 30cc biplane with the new maxima 9 receiver and all digital servos. Almost ready to fly. But Im a little concerned with a brand new receiver and radio as to if something is going to go wrong? Maybe you had some advice or insight on whats happening? The aurora 9x really uses up a lot of battery during the day of flying. I have a 2700 mah lipoand it goes down to 60% after about 10 flights. Normal? Thanks
Old 04-29-2014, 01:01 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrbill55
My name is Bill and I'm fairly new to the hobby.
This is my second season and enjoying it a lot.
My questions and concerns are with my new 9x.
I own a Aurora 9 and used it for many flights.
I decided to buy the 9x because it sounded newer and better.
I used a spectrum before and had 3 crashes because I lost control then my instructor told me to buy an aurora 9.
To this day I haven't had any problems except the touch screen. No crashes.
Yay! Now that I own a aurora 9x I have had control issues with 3 planes.
I use all hitec radio equip,as in servos and receivers.
2 aeroworks 300 50cc planes, and 1 ultra stick 60 have crashed because of loosing control.
Do not have a clue what is going on.
Both receivers were optima 9s and had 7955s on the 300extra.
The latest mishap was today coming for a landing and had no elevator control.
All controls worked fine when I got it back to the pit area. No big deal plane is fixable.
Just hate it when I don't know what went wrong?
I've purchased a aeroworks 30cc biplane with the new maxima 9 receiver and all digital servos.
Almost ready to fly. But Im a little concerned with a brand new receiver and radio as to if something is going to go wrong?
Maybe you had some advice or insight on whats happening?
The aurora 9x really uses up a lot of battery during the day of flying.
I have a 2700 mah lipoand it goes down to 60% after about 10 flights.
Normal? Thanks
Sorry to hear or your crashes, it certainly will be good to understand the causes.
Loosing elevator on landing is unlikely to be the Tx unless bad orientation of all antenna:

. Antenna Orientation for best 2.4Ghz Reception - Transmitter Antenna & Receiver Antenna.

or all control would have been lost and problem repeatable.
Most likely Rx battery failing under load or dirty leads or connector plugs.
A copy of one plug is attached, full detail under center section of:

. After Market Accessories - Caution re Opti-kill, Duralite, Powerbox, Switches, Leads etc.

What did the battery monitor show the Hi Low as being, see attached jpg.

. With regard to transmitter voltage, the 9X does use more current as it has twice the number
of processors and additional extra features.
Best to use the voltage setting as explained under:

. Transmitter - Voltage Display - How To Read & Interpret Remaining Battery Time

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, 9 X AFHSS 2.4Ghz Module, Transceivers Receivers Telemetry
- FAQ, Setups & Tips

Much more information available under sub sections
"Battery Care, Performance & DIY Battery Packs."
"ESC & BEC - Setup to prevent majority of all RF Problems, Brownouts & Crashes"
"Glitches & Jitter in Receiver, Servo & ESC - Causes and Cures"
"Servo - Alterations, Calculators, Databases, Leads, Repairs, Convert to an ESC or winch & FAQ."
below
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Alan T.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	A9 Voltage Activity Screen.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	1991012   Click image for larger version

Name:	OEM Servo Extension Lead.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	1991013  
Old 05-10-2015, 08:08 PM
Paul Jarvis
My Feedback: (40)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Bill........I use a servo tester on EVERY new servo and run it for an hour........I also test the receivers by first putting them in a small Tiger 60 with gas engine.......and lastly I use a dual battery system.........as to the connectors, they can build up corrosion depending on wherr you live.........I unplug and plug in all my connectors every year also (or sometimes just spray them with elec. cleaner.........hope it helps..............Paul/Team Hitec-Pilot