Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Aileron/Flap Operation

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 12:33 PM
wcmorrison
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aileron/Flap Operation

I have an Aurora 9 with Version 1.08(1) installed. I am using a Optima 7 channel receiver. I had problems getting the flaps to sync to the ailerons.

1. Reset the model, essentially erasing previous programming and reprogrammed the tranny for that model.
2. Selected "2 aileron 2 flap" wing. Normal tail, single, etc. The plane is a knockoff Ultra Stik with a Saito 65 installed. A six volt 2,000 miliamprere battery for power. It has four servos in the wing, one throttle, one engine and one rudder (total of seven servos).
3. When I fire up the tranny in the transmit mode, the right flap syncs right up with right aileron. The battery supplies power to the receiver via a "Y" connector on the channel 7/battery port. Right side works as advertised~!
4. The left flap does not move. It is getting power, the left aileron is moving as prescribed. The servos have all be through a servo check, all are okay.
5. Dual rates are in effect with both ailerons and elevator set up for high/low rates both with -30 exponential selected.

So the ailerons, rudder, elevator, dual rates and ailerons are working as advertised. The flaps are not.

I am getting frustrated. The problem moved from the left side to the right side when I cleaned out the program and reprogrammed. It is apparent the left flap is getting power but no signal. I am beginning to suspect the tranny has a funny program or corrupted program. My next step is going to be use the HP-222 and reinstall the software.

Any suggestions? I did find an assignment on outputs on the tranny being duplicated. I corrected that assignment. I have been through the manual, followed all the steps. Also in the pile is Aileron to Rudder mix but I do not think that is effecting the flaps or flap signals.

Help