Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec Servo Precision

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 06:43 AM
flyn2high
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hitec Servo Precision

I am building a Skymaster T-33 and plan to use an iGyro to stabilize all three axes. I will be using 6.6 volt A123 batteries in a Spektrum Power Safe Receiver. To optimize the gyro stability I want to use a very fast servo for the rudder, elevator and ailerons. Speed less than 0.1 sec / 60 degrees, Torque greater than 170 oz/inches, programmable, and preferably titanium gears. I see there are several Hitec servos that will be suitable. However, a Spektrum /JR engineer, that will go nameless, demonstrated to me that the precision of the Spektrum and JR servos was much better than Hitec.

Here is the test.
Setup your transmitter to move the servo at 1 microsecond pulse width using the trim tab. Then have a long extension on the servo arm, say a 1.5 foot long stick with a pointer at the end. The JR / Spektrum servo will move a small amount with every click of the trim tab. The Hitec will skip some trim clicks and move double or a triple space on others.

For the test I used a Spektrum A6260 servo and a Hitec HS-7985MG.

Here is my question. I see that Hitec offers some newer, higher resolution servos that came out after the HS-7985MG series. Do you have one that will give better results to my test? Am I completely off the mark and this level of precision?

Thanks in advance.