Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

How can that happen?

Old 09-07-2016, 04:14 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can that happen?

I have an Aurora 9 that I bought used. It obviously has some commands in it that I i did not put in. However, my immediate problem is that I am attempting to set up an airplane with flaps and it is driving me nuts. This is a Dynam C-188. I have tried both a Hitec receiver and a FrSky receiver and they both act exactly the same way. I am using channels one and six for the ailerons and channel 5 for the flaps and was going to put the flaps on switch C.. I soon discovered that switch A, is controlling the flaps somehow, but they act like ailerons, one deflecting down and one deflecting up. They are both activated by channel five and a Y harness, so how can one go up and one go down. Were these things not mounted and wired by Dynam before shipping? I suppose I could turn one servo over, making the arm move in the opposite direction, but that should not be necessary. It should have arrived from the factory with the servos moving in the correct direction to make the flaps go down on command.

But my more immediate problem is how to erase the program telling switch A to command the flaps at all. Then how do I assign a function, flaps in this case, to a particular switch. I have looked at that operator's manual for several hours and cannot find anything that covers assignment of functions to certain switches. I have no problem with switch A commanding flaps as it is a three position switch but I would like to know how to set it up from scratch for switch A or any other switch to command whatever function I choose.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:45 PM
J330
My Feedback: (3)

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hite...on-set-up.html

Any help in this older thread?

Last edited by J330; 09-07-2016 at 06:52 PM.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:27 PM
JollyPopper

I just returned from the shop where my airplanes are and wish I had seen this before I went. I never thought about telling the radio in the system settings that the plane would have flaps and that would result in the radio opening up programming options for them that a stupid guy like me can't otherwise find. How sensible that really is. That damned radio is just too smart for my good. I'm certainly glad we have a forum like this for dummies like me. I don't intend to go back to the shop tonight, but tomorrow I should be able to get these things operating with this information.

While I was there, though, I was able to determine why the flaps operate in opposite directions. It is due to how the servos were installed, whether the factory installed them like that or the previous owner of the plane did it, I don't know. But I do know how to fix that problem. Should get this thing operating tomorrow.

Thanks, J330
Old 09-08-2016, 07:37 AM
Xpress

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The Aurora 9 programming is very easy, sometimes the best thing for you to do is to start over and create a new model- the transmitter will walk you through how you want to setup the airplane to make things easy.

FYI, if you ever want to see where a function is assigned, typically you can view it inside of the Channel menu (go to System (wrench icon) then to Channel). And remember, with how flexible the Aurora 9 is with programming, you can put any function on any channel that you want and then set up that channel how you need, there's no need to stick with old school tactics like using y-harnesses or using the old channel 1-4 setup.
Old 09-08-2016, 03:48 PM
JollyPopper

Thanks again, guys. The info was very helpful.