Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Eclipse 7 & V-tail mixing question.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 04:30 PM
Scott_nra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eclipse 7 & V-tail mixing question.

I am trying to get a scratch built v-tail sailplane set up. (My first v-tail)

I started to set up the radio using the instructions for v-tail but did not like having to use both right stick for elevator control and left stick for rudder control. I want control on the left stick for both.

Soooo, I reset the thing up using the Elevon feature to mix the v-tail. Now it flies and I am controling it from the one stick, but in a turn the nose drops because with both ruddervators moving the same direction at the same trow for that direction, as it turns the inboard tail is more horizontal and giving an actual "down" throw causing the bird to dive. Harder the turn, harder the dive.

I want to set it up to where when one ruddervator is turning the plane, the other is either not moving, or not moving as much to avoid this condition.

What can I do to set up the mixing to give me what I want? Are all v-tails set up to use both sticks to control? Will it make any differance in my present problem?

I would like one stick control of the tail without the nose dropping in turns.
Old 02-27-2003, 07:25 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

This is difficult to discuss on the forum. I would suggest you call us @ (858)748-6948. You could probably just mix some up elevator with your aileron (ruddervator) to get the flight performance you are looking for but there may be other options too.

Mike.
Old 02-27-2003, 10:20 PM
Scott_nra

Default Why does the V-tail mixing not have an option for using the left stick only?

For airplanes with no ailerons or using ailerons and elevator control on the v-tail only. The v-mix should give the option to use channel 1 & 2.

Are the channels 2/4 the usual set up for V-tail?

Excuse the ignorance but V-tail is totaly new for me.
Old 02-28-2003, 09:55 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

V-tail is rudder (CH4) and elevator (CH2). If you want it to be your main control if you have no ailerons then you will need to set it up in Elevon mode.

Mike.
Old 05-29-2017, 06:44 AM
jorgeneo560

i had an airplane with inverted v-tail and a noose wheel, the problem that i had is that the i had to use a Y cable to control the noose wheel but when i do move the elevator the noose wheel also turn, how can i solve this? i am also had the eclipse 7
Old 05-30-2017, 09:31 AM
Xpress

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You should be able to put the servo on a different channel and create a P.Mix to mix the rudder to that channel.
Old 05-30-2017, 12:26 PM
jorgeneo560

thanks, really worked it saved me to buy a v-tail mixer