Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Bonehead move with battery

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 08:01 AM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Bonehead move with battery

The other night I made a serious bonehead move. I plugged my TX battery in to the TX with the polarity the wrong way. Needless to say, the magic smoke appeared, and my TX is now dead. I plan to send my radio in, but was wondering if this is a big deal for Hitec to fix, or will it be expensive and worthwhile? It is an A9, and I do love that radio.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:01 AM
Xpress

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not overly expensive but you would need to return it to us since the main board will need to be replaced- unfortunately we usually cannot save models as reverse polarity takes out more than just a chip or two.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:18 PM
vertical grimmace

Thanks for the info. I plan to ship it out this week.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:29 PM
vertical grimmace

A little update.. I dropped off my radio with USPS Saturday, and it it now on it's way back! Should have it by Saturday. All I can say is that is some really good service! $29 including shipping! Also, I did not lose any of my models!
I learned also that if you want to bind a Minima RX, you have to have your TX in switchable transmit mode. The fact that I had switched mine to automatically transmit when you turn it on, prevented me from be able to bind the Minima RX. My only complaint with Hitec is to have better instructions! I have had a Minima RX for over 3 years, not in use because I could not bind it. I guess I should have just called Tec support. They would have helped me.

They bound a Minima for me just to make sure it worked before they shipped it back.

Excellent job Hitec!!!
Old 10-20-2017, 07:39 AM
Xpress

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad we could be of service to you!