Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Aurora 9 Tx crashing planes

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 04:24 AM
geneh-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aurora 9 Tx crashing planes

My Aurora 9 is crashing planes. Lost a new Freewing A10 on 1st flight due to loss of signal. Range test before flight showed great range and tested range after crash and still good range. The radio did not sound any loss of signal alarm or battery low alarm. A few days later I was flying another plane that has many flights and another receiver and just about lost it as well on the second flight. Plane did the same thing as the 1st one. Seemed to be loss of signal and again no sound from radio for loss of telemetry etc. Checked lowest battery voltage recorded after flight and it was 5.3 volts with max at 5.5. This radio does not give a loss of signal alarm any more and a friends Aurora 9 does not either any more. WHY???????
Old 02-28-2018, 08:16 AM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cycle the batteries to make sure that you have the capacity you need for your setup and type of flying. Just measuring the voltage is of little value. Do your range check with the motor running. Is the receiver antenna clear of any obstruction or wires? Dan.
Old 02-28-2018, 08:31 AM
jrf
My Feedback: (551)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=geneh-RCU;12409630] Checked lowest battery voltage recorded after flight and it was 5.3 volts with max at 5.5.

My Aurora 9 transmitter runs on a 7.2 volt battery. (6 cell) That could be your problem. At 5.5 volts, your transmitter battery is dead.

Last edited by jrf; 02-28-2018 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:00 PM
jwrich
My Feedback: (17)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I am not sure if this will help. When I got my Aurora 9, opt-6 receiver I set up in my 1/4 scale Fokker D-VII with 5 hd servos, 1 standard servo with a 1000MAH 4.8v NMH receiver battery. After working the servos a while it would pause a few seconds and then continue to work the servos. My friend who recommended the Aurora 9 said that I was having a brown out it the receiver battery supply and use a 6 volt battery. I replace the the battery with 6v NMH no problem. I have later replace all my receiver batteries with 2 LiFe/A123 batteries using 2 switches plugged into to ports on the receiver. I have had any problems with this set up. Maybe you should call Hitec, ask their advice.

Good Luck
Rich

Last edited by jwrich; 02-28-2018 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:17 PM
geneh-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The receiver voltage was 5.3. The transmitter battery is a 2 cell 3600ma lipo and showed 84% on the transmitter. It has flown this plane many flights and nothing in the plane has changed. Range test before flight was very good and even though the Rx hit so hard that it did not have a case on it after crash it still works fine and the range test had plenty of distance.
Old 02-28-2018, 03:06 PM
jwrich
My Feedback: (17)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If you have another receiver, try it with fully charged Transmitter battery and receiver battery. If you have problems still, then I would send the whole package to Hitec for evaluation.

Rich
Old 03-01-2018, 08:57 AM
Xpress

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep in mind the Hitec systems do not alert specifically to signal loss, they alert to telemetry voltage loss. If the system reported nothing then I dare say the issue lies outside of the system. A range test is the best method to check if the system functions properly, beyond that there's not much else we can do on our end to check for proper functionality.