Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

4 aileron servos for Biplane

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 07:14 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts
Default 4 aileron servos for Biplane

I'm just finishing up on a Biplane and have run into a situation. I have the bottom ailerons hooked up to ail 1 and ail 2. The upper ailerons are hooked up to flap 1 and Flap 2. In wing type I have selected 2 aileron channels and 2 flap channels.

The issue I am having is that although the flap channels are mixed to J1 the dual rate and expo only work on the aileron channels and not the flap channels. Is there a way to fix this?
Old 04-22-2018, 03:31 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Don't use the flap channels. Use two independent full proportional channels and do a regular mix to each aileron.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:15 AM
speedracerntrixie

Dan, there are no other available channels, the flap channels are proportional. I have the 4 aileron servos, dual elevator servos, rudder servo, throttle and dual power inputs. That makes all channels on the Optima 9 RX taken and I even need a Y connector on the rudder for the second power input. The issue as I see it is that having the Expo and D/R working on all 4 servos was missed in the software version that is in my TX. I was hoping a Hitec rep would chime in and let me know a software version that had the correct programming or if I had the TX in the wrong wing mode for this. The only work around that I can think of at this point is to use a pair of matchboxes and Y the upper and lower ailerons through the matchboxes so I am able to dial in centers and end points exactly.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:03 AM
Xpress

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

For what it's worth, you can assign all 4 aileron servos to AIL1. You will still have full control over setting each servo's center and end points, and all 4 servos will function in the D/R and Expo menu, and all 4 servos will work with th trim switch automatically. AIL1 and AIL2 were to let you differentiate between the left wing(s) or right wing(s). This is assuming you're talking about an Aurora or G2 Flash radio.

We set 2 servo wings up on GS airplanes like this all the time. The software is designed to allow you to skin the cat multiple ways, so to speak.

Last edited by Xpress; 04-23-2018 at 11:06 AM.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:36 PM
speedracerntrixie

I tried to assign all 4 channels to operate via J1 and it affected one of the elevator servos. I was in the dual aileron wing type though. If I could ask you to give me a bit more detail in setting this up it would be much appreciated. I at this point would like to know what wing and tail type to set to and what channels for each aileron and elevator servo. Just looking to save some time here as this new airplanes contest debut is in 3 weeks.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:35 AM
Xpress

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I assign my wing and tail type to single aileron servo and single elevator. Then just assign aileron servos to individual channels as AIL1 and elevator servos to individual channels as ELE1.

If you need more help I would recommend calling our service center, they are going to be able to help you more in depth than I can.

858 748 6948
Old 04-24-2018, 12:46 PM
speedracerntrixie

I was able to figure it out using the clues from your last post. I set wing type to single aileron and tail to ailevators. For ailerons I used Ch 1, 6,7 and 8 all set to J1. All functions as I need now. I appreciate the help.