Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

The future for Hitec

Old 01-05-2019, 03:35 AM
Daan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Question The future for Hitec

I am using Hitec Tx's and Rx's. With the demise of Tower Hobbies/Hobbico I am not sure whether Hitec will still be in the market and will equipment incl. servos, etc. still be available?. Any information/ future predictions wiil be welcome. I also went to the Hitec website on RCU and saw that the Aurora 9 and Aurora 9X systems are discontinued. What wil the replacements be? So many questions....

Last edited by Daan; 01-05-2019 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Unsure what systems will replace the Aurora 9 and the Aurora 9X.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:05 AM
Xpress

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

First things first:

We are a totally separate entity from Tower Hobbies/Hobbico, they only purchased and sold our product. With one outlet being gone, the slack was picked up by a number of other outlets as our consumers want the product regardless of where they can get it. We actually didn't really even notice the lack of Hobbico's presence and if we honestly wanted to, we could've acquired Hobbico. We opted not to for a number of reasons.

Secondly, we are not a transmitter company and have decided to exit that particular market. Transmitter sales have always been dwarfed by servo sales even in our hay day, and with the Aurora 9X no longer meeting modern manufacturing standards, it's high time to discontinue it from our lineup. There will not be a replacement transmitter as the market is too unstable to support such a unit. Receivers such as the Optima and Minima series will continue to be produced, as well as the Flash 7 and Flash 8 transmitters because we actually have a high demand for those still.

Lastly, since we are a servo development company, we will continue to develop servos for both hobby consumers and industrial consumers. We have developed more servo technology in the last 5 years than any other company out there and still continue to outsell many popular companies. We are not going anywhere, just shifting our product development slightly.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:49 AM
Daan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thank you very much for your feedback. To be honest, I like Hitec servos very much and have quite a lot that is rendering excellent service. All the best for the future.