Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec 5645's

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 08:02 AM
John Murdoch
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec 5645's

Mike,
I'm running 5645's in my GP Patty Wagstaff Extra 300S with a redundant 6V 2700mah system and I keep stripping servos, mostly on the aeliorons. Two, I have sent to Hitec Service and they've either been replaced or repaired. One of the servos that stripped out recently was one that was repaired by Hitec. I've been buying replacement gear sets and have been replacing them myself because it's less hassel and costs just about the same if you were to figure in shipping and the time it takes to pack and send these things one at a time. So, I replaced the stripped out servo that was repaired by Hitec with another new gear set. This one too, was the one that recently stripped out again. I'm wondering if there's any secret to replacing the gears. What's the knob or barb sticking out on the largest drive gear? Is that a centering or positioning mark? Maybe I'm just doing something wrong but it seems pretty straight forward, just replace the old gears with the new ones, right? I'm using Lubraplate white lithium grease. Is that OK? Just to let you know, the gear that's stripping is the one opposite the little, maybe 8 tooth gear as you're looking down from the top with the case top removed. It usually strips out about 20 degrees of the gear teeth and it seems it's usually at the end of the travel to one side or the other.
Old 11-03-2003, 01:01 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hitec 5645's

Replacing gears is pretty straight forward if you pay close attention how they came out. Yes the pin on the output shaft is for the physical stop and will be in the center. the grease you are using is fine but make sure not to use too much.

Now... If you are stripping a metal geared servo then there is potenally something wrong. These gears are very very strong and should not strip in any application. The first thing I would do woudl be to look at the case top because it is likely that the area that supports the second pin is worn thus causing the gears to move around and strip.

Mike.