Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Which Hitec Digital?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 09:16 AM
PigMan Buggerus
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Hitec Digital?

Mike,
I just picked up a Grerat planes f-14, 60 sized. I am looking for a servo that will center well. I imagine that the speeds that this plane will be traveling at, I am going to need some pretty solid servo performance. I was looking at the HS-475HB, it falls in line with what my wallet can do. Do you think that it would be an appropriate servo for this plane? I am going to run a six volt system. Will it have the holding power, and will it center well? Or should I go for something beefier? I really don't want to spend a ton, but I don't want to lose the plane due to servo failure either.

Thanks for your time,
Allan
Old 05-27-2004, 01:40 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Which Hitec Digital?

Any of the Hitec standard size digital's will suffice... The 5600 series is likely the most affordable offering in the digital line-up.
Old 05-27-2004, 06:36 AM
PigMan Buggerus

Well I went ahead and ordered the 475's and I am impressed with the way they perform. The speed isn't blazing, but the holding power and accuracy of the servo is awsome. Of course I've never had digitals before, but after this I think I am hooked.

Allan
Old 10-06-2004, 08:05 AM
swampd

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm confused - this thread implies that the HS-475HB is a digital servo, but it is listed as a "Standard" servo. Clarification please???

BTW - I was thinking about the same servo in a H9 Corsair. Less than 10 lbs all-up weight. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 10-06-2004, 08:08 AM
PigMan Buggerus

Sorry, I should have clarified, I have the HS-5475HB's. The Digital Standards. i like 'em, you should get good performance from them in the corsair.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:24 PM
XJet
Banned

ORIGINAL: PigMan Buggerus
Sorry, I should have clarified, I have the HS-5475HB's. The Digital Standards. i like 'em, you should get good performance from them in the corsair.
I've got some of the 5475s and find them a little slow for my liking (0.23 secs) on a 4-cell battery (putting them beside an HS81 or HS5925 really makes them look bad but they're even slower than the good old HS425BB conventional sport servo).

For an extra $13 I think the 6635HB looks like a much better servo on a bang-per-buck basis.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:03 PM
PigMan Buggerus

Yeah, I could see that. I am running 5 cells, so the .18 isn't too bad.

Allan
Old 10-07-2004, 06:04 AM
swampd

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the feedback, folks! Now all I have to do is decide between the two digital...

Decisions, decisions...