Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec Eclipse 7 question???

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 06:26 PM
dsiems
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Eclipse 7 question???

[8D] I have just purchased a Hitec Eclipse 7 aircraft radio and have been trying to learn to set it up for dual servo elevator operation. I have it working on channels (mixed) one and seven, but you can still operate the servo plugged into the 7th channel with the VR2 knob. Can the VR2 knob be disabled in the programming of the radio?
Old 08-03-2004, 03:49 PM
MikeMayberry

Default RE: Hitec Eclipse 7 question???

The Eclipse 7 is not suited for dual elevator mixing. Sorry!

Mike.
Old 08-09-2004, 06:04 PM
Flatspin-RCU

Are you kidding? Then why does it explain how in the manual? The question I had on t he same topic is when you do mix 2 and 7, the trim for elevator only moves one elevator half causing the plane to pitch, roll, a little when applying up or down elevator. I love the radio other than that...I had a Futaba super 8 which had the alieavator function for split elevators so you dont have to use a servo reversor or turn the linkage opposite which induces elevator differential in the two halfs. If you cant mix dual elevator servos with the Eclipse than I would call that a "Big" design flaw as most large planes all have split elevators. Thanks

Ron
Old 09-14-2004, 10:23 PM
dsiems

Is there a way a can get with Hitec about this problem?
Old 09-18-2004, 09:59 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Eclipse is a sport TX and as noted previously was not designed for dual elevator servo use. Yes it does describe how to utilize it as such, but with limitations. The trim is one of the limitations as well as the switch utilized to activate same.

Had Hitec aimed the Eclipse at the larger airplane market rest assured it would have a mix designed around dual elevator applications. And yes its a shame the engineers did not see the need for this feature of this otherwise well equipped sport TX.

FWIW: The new Optic radio system has this feature and more.