Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Eclipse 7 PCM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Eclipse 7 PCM

I just bought an Eclipse 7...I like it! I know that the Eclipse 7 isn't PCM compatible. However, I heard or read somewhere that Hitec will be offering a PCM version later this year AND that they will be offering some sort of upgrade to the current owners of the current Eclipses. Is it true, will it cost us anything, and if so how much approximately? Thanx!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Eclipse 7 PCM

Yes, PCM will be added to the Eclipse and the older radios can be upgraded. I don't know exactly when and how the upgrade will be handled. Most likely there will be a fixed cost and it will include the receiver.

Mike.
    Hitec RCD Rep
    http://www.hitecrcd.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Eclipse 7 PCM

Can I get the upgrade without the receiver? I know it's a different kind of PCM and the prism 7 pcm receivers won't work...but I'd still like the PCM option. Also, will it be switchable? What I mean is will I have the option PPM or PCM at my leisure?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Eclipse 7 PCM

Yes to both questions.

Mike
    Hitec RCD Rep

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Eclipse along with upgrades

Mike,any idea as to WHEN the new Eclipse PCM will be available & will the software upgrades(trim issues) be included?
    Thanks,EJB
    \"Ward, weren\'t you a little hard on the Beaver last night?\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Eclipse 7 PCM

I expect to see the PCM sometime after the first of the year. There will be slight programming changes, mostly the start up screen. As for any major programming changes... that is up next. No date yet though. Sorry!

Mike.
    Hitec RCD Rep

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Program update

Mike,
    Any possibility that the later programming update might include a "crow" feature???

Thanks!
    Bud

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Eclipse 7 PCM

That's the plan... but at this time, I just don't know. We have submitted all the suggestions from the comments we have received.

Mike.
    Hitec RCD Rep

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Eclipse 7 PCM

Arghhhhh!!!

I've been looking at getting a new Tx to upgrade from my Flash 5X and I had about decided on the Fut. 9C because of the Power-Crow mix feature and the cpac memory modules. Now you tell me the Eclipse will soon have power-crow ... any chance on a way to store more model setups (either modules or PC downloading)?

Decisions, decisions ... think I'll wait a little longer; things only get better and better.

All my flight packs are Hitec now, so don't mind staying with HT.

Joel

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Eclipse 7 PCM

Sorry, there is no possibility of increasing the model memory with the exsisting processor.

Mike.
    Hitec RCD Rep

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Eclipse 7 PCM

Sorry Mike,

I ain't buying it (the explanation, not necessarily the Eclipse). Processor power is one thing and memory is another. You telling me you all got a processor that you can't increase the memory on? Sounds like the techies gave you a "blowing smoke" answer. Well maybe they'll tell you that model memories are addressed by one 3 bit address and that would give you 8 memories and memory number 1 is reserverd for "reset" or something like that, but explanations like that sound a lot like an easy out to hold people off for a while.

My $.02 worth,
    Joel
    (Still like HT for bang/buck.)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Eclipse 7 PCM

Sorry, I meant the I.C.! :P Whatever the case... we have used all the available storage space and cannot add any extra model memories.

I have always tried to be straight forward with my replies on this forum. I have a solid reputation for providing accurate information and would never mislead anyone into thinking a product was more than it is or ever will be!

Mike.
    Hitec RCD Rep

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Eclipse 7 PCM

Whoa Mike,

I didn't mean to impugn your good work or reputation. I don't feel mislead or put off by you. I do think the techies gave and "easy out" answer and said "it can't be done" instead of saying we can't allocate time and $ for that now. I am sure that the Eclipse HAS run out of memory with its seven model memory. But the point is memory chip capacities are doubling about every 18 months if not faster, so why don't they update the software AND the hardware a little by putting in a higher capacity memory chip or put in a chip that can be pulled out and another stuck in. I know you don't do the circuit or system design for HT but I'm mainly trying to get this put on the wish list.

Thanks for all your work on RCU,
    Joel

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Eclipse 7 PCM

After reading this.

I just posted asking how I could set my eclipse up for crow on my powered air craft but after reading this it seems as though it can't done. is this correct?

Randy
    Please visit my web site below.

http://home.earthlink.net/~r.blackstock/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Eclipse 7 PCM

I realize this is an age old question, but I just got into RC planes about a year ago.  I started out on several Hitec Focus 4 radios from a shed buy-out and although they were solid basic units, I decided to get into computer radios once my experience level allowed me to start flying aerobatic styled planes.  About mid-summer, after much research on function and pricing,decided upon, and found two Eclipse 7's, one last one on a shelf at an online store, and the other on Ebay, barely used, like new in original box in England.  Bought them for around 135.00 each.  I put a Hitec synthesized 72 module in one and the Hitec 2.4 module n the other and so have all the bases covered.  I like having two radios with this level of diversity, in case I ever have a radio malfunction at the field.  Swap modules, a quick model setup and can still fly.  As I add more Optics 2.4 rcvrs, I add a 2.4 module in the second radio.  After 6 months I still LOVE these things except for one little thing . . . only 7 model memory.  As my addiction causes me to not be able to resist the occasional good by on some cool plane I haven't had, I wondering . . . has anyone ever come up with a way to add more model memory?  Even an aftermarket, black market, no market board to solder in?  Anything?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Kpwhite56 I realize this is an age old question, but I just got into RC planes about a year ago. I started out on several Hitec Focus 4 radios from a shed buy-out and although they were solid basic units, I decided to get into computer radios once my experience level allowed me to start flying aerobatic styled planes. About mid-summer, after much research on function and pricing,decided upon, and found two Eclipse 7's, one last one on a shelf at an online store, and the other on Ebay, barely used, like new in original box in England. Bought them for around 135.00 each. I put a Hitec synthesized 72 module in one and the Hitec 2.4 module n the other and so have all the bases covered. I like having two radios with this level of diversity, in case I ever have a radio malfunction at the field. Swap modules, a quick model setup and can still fly. As I add more Optics 2.4 rcvrs, I add a 2.4 module in the second radio. After 6 months I still LOVE these things except for one little thing . . . only 7 model memory. As my addiction causes me to not be able to resist the occasional good by on some cool plane I haven't had, I wondering . . . has anyone ever come up with a way to add more model memory? Even an aftermarket, black market, no market board to solder in? Anything?
    Hitec Eclipse - Expand Model Memory - previous thread.
    Hitec Optic 6 - DIY modify increase memory from 8 to 16 models may assist those with good qualifications.

Regards
    Alan T.
    Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

R/C hobby consultant for various companies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good Grief KP !!! You're coming in 8 yrs after the last post! I will say I just got a HT 2.4 ghz module for my Futaba 9c and love it and I have a friend who got one for his Eclipse Tx and it's revived his use of a fine old Tx, but I'm afraid you're out of luck and left in the dust of time on upgrading the memory capacity of the Eclipse. Save up your pennies and you can get a top of the line Aurora Tx with 30 mems for about $360 with a Rx; how's that for a fix? Be sure and cycle and check those old Tx batteries!

Good luck!