Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Can't get a throttle/smoke mix setup right, eclipse 7

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 09:33 AM
ParticleMan
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't get a throttle/smoke mix setup right, eclipse 7

I have a smoke pump setup with a speed controller, seems to work perfect, if I hook it into the throttle channel, 3, it works exactly like it should, if I hook it into the gear switch 5, it turns on and off just like it should. What I would like to do is have a mix for my throttle -> smoke channel to allow me to speed up and slow down the smoke pump with the throttle movement. On my eclipse I put the pump on channel 5, and used pmx 1 and set ch3 master, ch5 slave, left both values at 100. Problem is it's not working like I thought it would. When the gear switch is off and the mix is enabled I only get the motor to turn on about 3/4 of the way up on the throttle. When the gear switch is ON and the mix ON the motor runs about 1/2 then up to full when I move the stick past 1/2. I don't use mixes alot, but I"m pretty sure I'm missing something. I'd really just like to go with a linear straight mix where the smoke pump is able to be turned on and off and moves somewhere similar to the movement of the throttle. Can this be done ?
Old 01-26-2005, 11:50 PM
rc_for_me
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can't get a throttle/smoke mix setup right, eclipse 7

I just finished setting up a Sullivan Skywriter Smoke Pump on my AeroWorks Edge 540 using a Hitec Eclipse 7. Here's what works for me...
Skywriter plugged into Channel 7.
PMX1 Setup with Channel 3 (throttle) the Master and Channel 7 (smoke pump) the Slave.
I adjusted the percentages so that the smoke pump comes on at about 1/2 throttle so the muffler does'nt flood with smoke oil and potentially kill the motor
Set EPA on channel 7 for proper flow amount.

Now when I want a smoke show, I flip on Channel 7 and if the throttle is past half the smoke comes pouring out!

Hope this helps...