Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Optic 6, Channel 2 hard over

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 04:25 PM
Patrick Underwo
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Optic 6, Channel 2 hard over

Hello, I just bought a new Optic 6 and am using it with a Polk's Hobbies Seeker 6 rx and CC Phoenix 25 BEC. After 3 problem-free days of flying (about 30 minutes total), I turned on my radio, plugged in the battery, and the elevator servo went all the way to one side. After that it refused to budge. Unplugged/turned off everything, restarted, same result--servo goes all the way to one side and holds there. It buzzes when I try to manually move the servo arm so I know the the servo is actively working, not just swinging over and dying.

I took it to a local shop and we tried several things. We could find nothing in programming to account for the behavior or change it. Subtrim causes the servo to move but only a few degrees. The following steps did not cure the problem:

-changing channels on the tx and rx
-plugging in a different servo
-trying a different rx
-changing models on the tx
-resetting the tx using the reset function
-using a different plane (glow), which had of course a different rx, and a traditional rx battery

So, it looks like it's something in the tx above programming, model memory, etc.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Patrick
Old 07-31-2005, 12:55 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Optic 6, Channel 2 hard over

It sounds to me like the "potentiometer" is damaged and or needs to be mechanically reset as something may have come loose.

Return the TX to your dealer and Hitec Service USA for a service?
Old 08-10-2005, 03:03 PM
Patrick Underwo
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Optic 6, Channel 2 hard over

That's just what I ended up doing, sent it off to Hitec. Time to dig out the ol' 6XA...

Patrick